Chapter 59: Thundercloud

<i style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 11pt;">Shadowing the golden stars way up high,

<i style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 11pt;">Thunderclouds loom ominous in the distant sky...

<i style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 11pt;">******

"Well, well, I guess the Card Mistress has finally sensed my presence," said a low, silky voice.

There in the shadow were three figures. The man in the center, the one who had spoken, stepped forward towards the lamppost. His hair was silver like the moon, and his eyes were sterling blue. Sakura gasped. She had seen those eyes before, in her dream.

Stepping back, Tomoyo glanced at Kero-chan. This man resembled Syaoran so eerily—hair color and eye color were different, but his facial features were so uncannily similar. He must be related to Syaoran somehow.

Kero-chan shook his head in response. "I don't know who he is—but he's from the Li Clan. They're all wearing the Li Clan emblem on their clothes." Tomoyo looked up and saw the white tri-petal on a black circle on the silver-haired man's dark blue cheongsam. The other two men's faces were shadowed, but she could see the white and black symbol with her keen eyes. Her gaze reverted back to the silver-haired man.

The man in the center extended a hand out and bent his head slightly in a mock bow to Sakura. "I apologize for failing to introduce myself earlier, successor of Clow Reed. I am Li Leiyun. I doubt you have ever heard of me before, though my cousin, the former Chosen One, should have been an old acquaintance of yours." Before she could step back, he reached out and tilted her chin up. "Hmm... Interesting. I never expected this."

Sakura could not even move away as the man's gaze held her mesmerized yet paralyzed in fear.

"Don't touch Sakura-chan!" exclaimed Kero-chan, flying out.

"And you are?" Leiyun looked up at the yellow creature with perplexed amusement.

"I am the great Cerberus, Guardian of the Clow!" replied Kero-chan, head in the air.

"I beg your pardon for not recognizing your radiance." Leiyun smiled. "I didn't expect you to be quite so... small."

Kero-chan was about to transform into his full size when Sakura stated, "Stop it, Kero-chan." She turned to Leiyun. His hand against her skin had been so cold, like his eyes. "What do you want from me, Li Leiyun-san?"

"That's an easy question." Leiyun smiled warmly as he said, "Get lost from the face of the earth."