Chapter 9: Ticket to the Winter Rhapsody

"Class, we have been preparing for the Winter Concert for quite a while now," the music teacher began. "I hope all of you are practicing a bit at home. The concert will come up in no time." She gave a special look to Syaoran, who she believed was hopeless in that class.

Another teacher announced that day, "Before winter vacation, there will be a dance party for Seijou Junior High Students. We hope all of you will enjoy the 'Winter Wonderland.' We encourage couples to make the best of this oppurtunity."

There was an excited murmur through out the students. Every girl dreamed of their ideal guy asking them to the party. Chiharu blushed and looked expectantly at Takashi.

Instead of asking her to the party, like a normal guy would, he began, "The Winter Wonderland derived from..."

"Takashi-kun baka!" Chiharu ran off.

Meirin sighed blissfully and tugged Syaoran's winter uniform with hopeful eyes. He ignored her. From the side, Erika was eyeing him, as well, already scheming. Sakura looked around at the fierce competition for a partner and sighed.

Tomoyo commented, "Don't be too disappointed, Sakura-chan. Many guys would ask you the Winter Wonderland. Why wouldn't they be won over by your special, cute charm? Thinking about it, Christmas is coming up. We better start buying presents and everything. Sigh. Another beautiful year of videotaping Sakura-chan is almost over. Oh ho ho... And our winter vacation is coming up soon!"

"Tomoyo-chan, you look very pleased about something. Did something good happen?" Sakura asked.

"I'll tell you after school."

"Okay." Then lowering her voice, Sakura whispered to Meirin and Tomoyo, "Isn't it strange that nothing happens these days?"

"What do you mean?" We're so busy!" Meirin exclaimed.

"No, I mean, no attacks, no news from the enemy."

"Maybe, the 'enemy' is enjoying the spirit of the Christmas season. Unless he or she is a Scrooge, that person probably wants to have fun, too. Thinking about that, I better ask Syaoran-kun to buy me that pretty dress I saw at the department store, for Christmas," Meirin was already off in wonderland.

* * * * * *

"So, Tomoyo-chan, what's the great news?" Sakura asked, as she sat down in the big couch in Tomoyo's living room.

"Yeah. And why do I have to be here, anyway?" Syaoran asked, taking a sip from a can of coke, trying to move as far away from Meirin as possible.

"Oh ho ho ho. You guys all know that winter vacation is coming up, right?" Tomoyo fiddled with a letter.

"Obviously. That's what we're all looking forward to," Meirin turned starry. "Imagine a cozy winter with just me and Syaoran!"

Sighing, Syaoran muttered, "You should be more worried that Wei had to go back to Hong Kong to look after grandfather. And..."

Flashback...

Wei: Syaoran-sama, look after your cousin well, while I'm gone. Make sure she doesn't do anything... rash. You are responsible, Syaoran-sama. I'm sure your aunt will trust you with Meirin-sama.

Syaoran: Yes. Don't worry. I'll take care of Meirin.

Meirin: Wai!!! I'm not a baby! Syaoran doesn't need to take care of me!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Really, I don't know why people don't trust me. Still, that leaves just Syaoran and me in the apartment. And, you get to cook for me, too! Pure bliss," Meirin squealed as she hugged a cushion.