Chapter 5: The Five Force Scroll

Author's note: Well, the next two chapters will be... blah. It focuses a lot on the past and the reason it exists is because I need to clear up the past a little bit and I also need to link things up more. Hmm... it will get better, don't worry. Also, many things will clear up in the ending. Yup yup. It's still confusing. Umm... it wasn't clear until now, but I think that Sakura, Syaoran, Tomoyo, etc. are about 14 years old right now. They go to Seijou Junior High... (Or should it be Tomoeda Junior High?) Touya and Yukito are in college, and they're about 20-21.

Key:

(******)     =     scene change 

(~~~~~~) =    flashback, or the "past" (you'll get it when you read on)

BRRINGGG!

"Oh, be quiet!" Sakura hid under her pillow and slammed at the alarm clock, knocking it to the ground.

Kero-chan came out of his drawer and remarked dryly, "It is not like that alarm clock can answer you."

Sakura, I'll never let you go. Syaoran's gentle, yet forceful voice haunted. Sighing, Sakura snuggled into her bed cover. Why do I have to wake up early today? It's Sunday. She rubbed her head. Oh yeah. Yukito-san might come over, so I was going to bake cookies and a homemade cake.  Her whole body ached from the camp injuries the previous day, and she felt stiff. Trying, to stand up, she collapsed onto the bed again. Kero slipped out of his drawer and hovered to her, concerned. She had told him about the camping experience the other night.

"What's the matter Sakura? You sick?"

Moaning, Sakura tried to sit up again and murmured, "I don't know. My body aches, I know I should after all I went through yesterday, but... some how, I feel as if my whole energy is drained. I'm so tired."

"Well, I guess that's only expected from that camping trip." Shudder. "I wish I was there. This new force gives me a more dreadful feeling than before. What's worse is that I can't find out the key to this. It's all a mystery from the past's past, even beyond Clow Reed."

"It's not just because of the camping trip. I had this worn out feeling from before, but now, it's worse. It kind of feels like the times when I first learned how to change the cards into Sakura Cards. Remember? I was sleepy all the time."

"Oh! I wonder why hadn't thought of it before. Of course, now, you're body is using more of your energy to create brand new cards. No wonder you are worn out. Well, considering what you've been going through, your body still is stronger than I would have expected. At least you don't fall asleep anymore." On a side, he muttered, "And you used to collapse so sweetly into the Chinese brat's arms."

"What!?" Sakura through her pillow at Kero-chan.

"Uhh—nothing. I said that proves that your power has grown considerably, since you faced Eriol, aka Clow Reed. Well, you better stay in bed and call your 'niichan."

"No, don't call him. He worries too much. Besides, I need to get up and make cookies. Tsukishiro-san is coming over."

"Are you still hankering over the snow-bunny?"

"No. It's just that I don't see him often, now that he is in college."

"Do you think that it is time to awaken Yue, again? Things will be getting worse, and you need all the protection."

"NO," Sakura said forcefully. "He's finally having a peaceful life. I don't want to draw in any more people in this, than is necessary. Besides, he'll awaken naturally, when the right time arrives." Furrowing her eyebrows deeply, she sat up. Suddenly, a vision flashed before her eyes. The Five Force Scroll.