Chapter 6: First Meeting of Rivals (or Allies?)

Sakura, Syaoran, Tomoyo, etc. are about 14 years old right now. They go to Seijou Junior High... Touya and Yukito are in college, and they're about 20-21.

Key:

(******)     =     scene change 
(~~~~~~) =    flashback, or the "past" (you'll get it when you read on) 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Kero-chan? Did we get drawn into the past again?" Sakura asked.

"It seems like we did," Kero replied.

"This is kind of annoying. I wonder how this works," a third voice said.

"HOE-E! A ghost!" Sakura exclaimed.

"Geez, it's only me. I wonder how I got drawn in, when I'm not even at your house," Syaoran said. He was holding a plate in one hand, and a towel in the other. Obviously, he was in the middle of washing dishes.

"Probably, there is some sort of connection, or something. Look!" Kero exclaimed. 

A young man with a midnight blue cloak kneeled before an old man with a staff. The wizened man spoke, "Li Ryuuren, you were chosen to go to Japan, being the most powerful mage of your generation in our clan, and the only one to pass the Ordeal of Sorcery, successfully. Take your mission wisely and thoughtfully. You are to find the Five Force Scroll, which is most probable to be found in Clow Reed's old house, in Tomoeda district, where he died. The Five Force Scroll will be the key to find where the Clow Cards are hidden. Once you have found the Clow, bring it back to Hong Kong, for our clan to guard, to prevent destruction."

The old man then drew out a long, shimmering sword and placed the flat of it onto the younger man's shoulder. "Take the Sword of the Li clan. It has been handed down for many generations, through your great ancestors. Use it well, to fight off any foes that may prevent your mission. Remember, accomplish your mission faithfully and hold honor to your name. You are a 'chosen one.' Take that liberty to excel your powers."

"I'll obey, Great-Uncle, head of the Elders." Then, the young man stood up and received the glistening blade with two hands, and slid it into its sheath. He walked out of the room, passing quite close to where they were standing. Since the room was so dark, it was hard to see what his face looked like, yet he seemed only 2 to 4 years older than them, and his eyes were a startling midnight blue. For a moment, he seemed to stare at where Sakura, Syaoran, and Kero were, but then he brushed past them, with his tied back hair swishing past them. 

"This is Hong Kong?" Sakura asked. "Wait. Isn't that person the one that bumped into my mother?"

Syaoran murmured, "Well, this place looks awfully familiar. Actually, it looks like the House of the Elders of my clan, back in Hong Kong. And those words that the old man said... they sound awfully familiar." Syaoran remembered the voice. "Li Syaoran, you were the chosen one... hold your family honor... follow your mission faithfully..." He clenched his eyes. I left all that behind...

Sakura rounded her eyes and asked, "What's the matter?"

"Nothing." 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Syaoran groaned, "Where are we, now?"

"Well, we're certainly not home," Kero said.

They were standing in front of a great house. Stepping back, Sakura exclaimed, "Wait! Isn't this Eriol's house?"

"It is! Also, it is Clow Reed's old house. Huh? I hear some noises," Kero said. 

"Is this it, Nade-chan?" Sonomi asked.