Chapter 55: Platinum

A world yet unseen...

No matter what awaits me there

,

even if it's not the ideal,

I won't be afraid.

The birds travel on the wind

on a journey from today into tomorrow.

I want to tell you... I want to shout it...

I am but one entity in this world

But like a prayer, like a star

,

even a small light wants to be

stronger and stronger someday.

                                                     — 

Purachina

, Card Captor Sakura Opening 3

******

Hong Kong...

Li Syaoran spent many hours reflecting upon the decree of the Elders after his judgment in front of the Inner Council. He had expected and had been ready to accept all punishment for his disloyalty to the Clan. Yet, the result had been unexpected. Instead of more stringent incarceration or perhaps corporal punishment, he had simply been released on probation. The aching of his spine was a reminder of what had happened in there. Why had Leiyun protected him? It was his cousin Leiyun who had brought him back to Hong Kong in the first place. Someone's trying to play me as the fool there... I won't stand it. I won't give up so early on. It's not over yet. So what if I do not have powers. So what if my right arm is as good amputated in its current condition. So what if I'm back here again? Here I am, back at base one. I'll just have to work twice as hard and rebuild everything over again. I won't give in to Uncle Wutai. This is my family. It is my Clan, and I have to set things right.

A sharp nock came on the door. It was his cousin, a doctor at the Li Hospital. She had come to examine his arm.

"Now try bending your arms again, like that," said Li 

Jingmei

. She assisted Syaoran to bend his right arm. "Try moving your fingers. That's good. 

Just slowly."

"It's never going to come back, is it?" said Syaoran, staring hard at his bandaged right arm. "I don't feel it. I don't feel the ends of my fingers."

Jingmei

 pressed down with expert fingers on Syaoran's vital points. "It's too early to tell. Keep repeating the exercises—don't miss a day. Don't give up. Any sensation, even pain, is a good sign. Try this new balm—it should invigorate your nerves."

Syaoran nodded.

As 

Jingmei

 finished