Chapter 66: The Truth in the Heart

Arms akimbo, Kinomoto Touya stared at the three teenagers kneeling on the floor of his younger sister's bedroom, hands on knees and intimidated. His brows twitched. Though he had surmised something like this was bound to happen sooner or later, he had hoped it wouldn't be for another couple years. But his little sister was a sixteen year old girl, and a clueless one at that. Judging from the situation, it seemed that Chang Eron, currently his sister's boyfriend, had discovered Li Syaoran, the Brat, was staying at their house, and he had probably saved the house from disaster by the way the two were glaring at each other. If the third party involved had not been his younger sister, he would have found the whole situation hilariously amusing. Anybody that ticked off Syaoran was immediately Touya's ally. And the way the Brat twitched on the floor, tangled in the ridiculous pink boa, was just priceless. Nonetheless, Touya was furious that the two good-for-nothing boys were frolicking in his little sister's room at this time of the night in his absence. Seriously, how did fathers with daughters sleep at night? He had a strong urge to tie the two up together and roll them down King Penguin slide. Then, he realized that the three were barely breathing, waiting for him to speak.

Clearing his throat, Touya finally lowered his voice and stated, "Chang-kun, Li-kun please see me downstairs in the living room. Sakura, I don't know what happened in this room, but it's a mess. Please tidy up. I'm going to speak to otou-san about this."

The hair on the back of his neck stood and Syaoran gulped hard; he did not miss the deathly glint in Kinomoto Touya's eyes. Touya walked out of the room, mighty proud of himself for handling the situation very adult-like and keeping his temper for a change. Seriously, he had caused no problems at all when he was that age. Then he grimaced. No, he had dated his teacher as a junior high student and had been an emotional wreck when she had dumped him.

Teenagers will be teenagers.

Sakura stared at the floor, desperately trying to sit on top of the photos that were scattered on the ground, heart thumping. Heaven knew what would have happened between Syaoran and Eron had her brother not showed up.

It was Eron who recovered and stood up first. "I'll go speak to your brother now. I'm sorry-I shouldn't have come so late in the first place."

"Eron-kun!" Sakura stood up rapidly, glancing between Syaoran and Eron. "I'm sorry-I can explain the situation."

"I'm sure there is a reason why

he's

staying here. Because there is a reason for everything," said Eron acerbically. He leered at Syaoran with darkened topaz eyes. "A good enough reason that you couldn't tell me."

"Well, that is..." Sakura frowned. There wasn't. Why had she hidden it from Eron in the first place? Because for some strange reason, she felt guilty about the situation, when she had no reason to be.

It's not even like I was the one who invited Syaoran to stay at my house.

"Well I'm going," said Eron. "I'll see you at school tomorrow, I guess." His lips curved up sardonically. "Hopefully, dear Li-kun does not actually reside in your closet."

Syaoran took one glance behind and followed Eron down the stairs to meet his doomsday.