Chapter 33: Finding You

Feeling her neck crack, Sakura blinked. Her head felt dizzy sleeping in the moving train. She couldn’t have dozed for more than half an hour. It was around six in the morning now. Then she blushed hard. She didn’t realize she had fallen asleep with her head rested on Syaoran’s lap! Forcing herself to peer up at Syaoran’s face, she prayed that he was sleeping and that he didn’t notice.

With round emerald eyes, she peered up. Amber eyes were gazing straight back at her.

“KKKKKKYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!” Sakura jumped from their trains seat to the one at the other side of the train. Luckily there were hardly any people on at that time. Hanging her head, Sakura mumbled, “HOEE… I’ve never have been so embarrassed in my life!”

Yawning, Syaoran commented, “You’re finally awake. We’ll be arriving in Kusakou in around 15 minutes. Hmm… do you wanna drop by the snack bar and get something to eat?”

Sakura nodded. As they entered the train snack bar, Syaoran peered into his wallet and sighed. It was nearly empty. Then he stared at his credit card. His mother definitely will kill him when she saw the card bills.

Catching on, Sakura commented, “He he… Sorry. Because of me, you had to spend so much money in Tokyo… Will your mother be mad again?” Sakura clearly remembered last winter, when Syaoran passed his check limit. He was like a zombie after being scolded by his mother. Grinning, she added, “You can always get a part-time summer job!”

Syaoran stared back at her stonily.

“He he he… Just kidding. I can’t exactly imagine you working at a fast food restaurant, or picking up garbage, either, when you have so many other things to do.” As Sakura sipped her cool ice tea, which she bought, she asked, “Anyway, tell me what happened yesterday when you left me on the train and what kept you so long."

Smugly, Syaoran replied, “It wasn’t an easy job you know… First, I had to side track the police who were following my every move because of the TMI-305 microchip that was attached to the locket.”

“Oh yeah, what happened to that locket and the microchip?” Sakura interrupted.

“I was getting to it. After I sidetracked the police, (plus knocked a few out; hope they didn’t get hurt… ^_~)”

“WHAT?!”

“ANYWAY… I broke into one of the library computer labs to examine the floppy disk program. (All the libraries were closed by that time.) At first, I had no idea how it worked and it took me a long time to just open the program. Then, the police found me again, and I had to run away to another place. This pattern continued several times and every time I thought I found the way to work the disk, the police came and interrupted. Finally, I found Tanemura-san’s house. (His family has a house in Tokyo as well.) With his help, I basically figured how to crack the code and detach the microchip. After thanking him, I ran off to the train station and took the express train to Kusakou. It’s faster than this train since it doesn’t stop by other stations. In the middle, I jumped off in the place that your train would be passing by.”

Pointing to the cut on the side of his head, which Sakura had bandaged with her handkerchief, she asked, “You got hurt, then?”

Nodding, Syaoran sighed. “I was supposed to use my wind ofuda to slow down the impact when I jumped, but I lost control because I guess I was being careless; I banged my head. Anyway, after jumping off the other train, I had to sneak into this one… didn’t have time to clean up the cut, even though I didn’t want you to see it.”