Chapter 17: A Small World, After All

New York City, The Plaza Hotel... 

"Wow, this hotel is absolutely amazing!" Sakura exclaimed. Her eyes had bulged at the great massive Christmas tree at the center reaching the ceiling, which was still up since it was soon after Christmas, the extensive hallways and beautiful art and decoration, expensive furniture, the richly carpeted floor, and the romantic elegance.

After checking in, the bell-boy led them to their luxury suite, room 808. There were two massive rooms, one for the girls, one for the guys, adjoined in the center by a grand living room. Their jaws hung open, for it hardly seemed like a hotel room.

"Look at all the food in the refrigerator! And 3 television sets, one in each room. This living room is absolutely amazing! Look at the couches," Meirin exclaimed.

"Did you see the bedrooms?" Erika asked enthusiastically.

"No... Wow... Look at the bathrooms... gold rimmed ivory tubs. And these fluffy, huge beds that bounce up and down!" Meirin jumped on the bed.

"Did you see the view?" Sakura drew aside the velvet curtains. "It's the beautiful Central Park, frosted sugary with snow."

"Wow, this is absolutely amazing!" Erika plopped down on a sofa.

Touya, Syaoran, and Eron sweat-dropped, muttering, "Girls..."

"It is a beautiful view," Yukito reassured Sakura. "The snow is pretty..."

It was snowing on the day Clow Reed died. But Yukito-san won't remember any of that stuff, now... Sakura gazed up at the person who she so blindly believed to like, years ago... And she almost lost... never mind... But if she wasn't so blind...

"So, should we unpack first?" asked Tomoyo.

"Of course not! We're starting the fun immediately!" Meirin exclaimed.

"The first thing on the agenda is a tour of the CompTech building and facilities and meeting the faculty," Sakura read off the tour guide.

**** **

"This building is huge!" Sakura exclaimed. They walked into the massive doors of the CompTech main building.

"Oh it's only one of the buildings. There's more in New York, and internationally." Miho lead them through the hallway, as they awed over the great technology, computer systems, and interesting gadgets. Great, she's our guide, thought Sakura.

"Why do you keep doing that?" Erika asked, irritated.

"What?" Sakura asked.

"Twitching your head back like that, as if you're looking behind you."

"Oh sorry." Biting her lip, Sakura had the feeling as if someone was shadowing her.

Eventually, they came to the film-making section of the building.

A man with a staff jacket exclaimed, "Why, you guys must be part of the CCS movie crew! Ah, Miss Tomoyo Daidouji, it's a pleasure to meet such a talented young lady."

"Thank you. But it wasn't my talent. It's 'cause I had such a perfect cast!" Tomoyo gazed proudly at Syaoran and Sakura who looked down, blushing.

Another staff member peered at Syaoran and asked, "How did you ever learn such perfect martial arts and sword fighting? Was it a trick of the camera?"

The costume coordinator came out and started floundering Tomoyo with questions such as, "How in the world did you manage to create all those superb costumes? How about the costume for the cast members of the cards? How did you ever manage the flying scenes?"