Chapter 16: Helping Out

Evander's Pov

I was following the sirens as I made it to see some thugs shooting at the cops and one of them had an rocket launcher as once he saw me he fired it. I moved out of the way from the rocket and lands on a lamp post.

Evander: Oh come on guys can we be original for once?

Thug#1: Shit it's Shadow Spider! Kill him fast.

Evander: But you guys are terrible at doing that one objective.

I soon noticed that all of the thugs pointed their weapons at me and started firing, I started dodging them left and right before webbing one of their guns and whack it at him. One of them tried to hit me with the butt of the gun but I swiped his legs and kicked him into a wall. 

Evander: So who's next?

I then heard some heavy footsteps as I looked behind me and saw a heavy guy holding a minigun.

Evander: Okay since when they can have miniguns?!

Drew: About one week sir.

Evander: Helpful information at the wrong time!!

The guy soon started firing the minigun at me as io was dodging the bullets quickly while I shot a web at his face I web zipped over to him and used a shadow punch in which made him crashed onto the ground.

Evander: Okay that took care of mister big guns here. Now for the rest of them.

I then heard tires screeching as I saw them leaving in a stolen car as I started following them. As I was web swinging my spider sense went off as I saw they started firing their guns at me and I was dodging them in mid air then saw the one with rocket launcher fired it at some cop cars right in front of them as it make the cars went into the sky as I quick webbed up one of the cars. I soon saw the other one was about to hit someone, I let go of my web and quickly web zipped towards him and pushed him into the ground as the car crashed into a building as I look at the person.

 I soon saw the other one was about to hit someone, I let go of my web and quickly web zipped towards him and pushed him into the ground as the car crashed into a building as I look at the person

Evander: Okay. *helps the person up* You good?

???: Y-your Shadow Spider.

Evander: Well the costume gives it away. Now Max I need to you get out of here fast.

Max: H-how do you know my name?

Evander: It says on your badge.

Max: I-i'm a nobody.

Evander: hey hey. Your not an nobody. *fixes Max's hair* Your my eyes and ears. Okay?

Max: Okay!

Evander: Alright?

Max: Alright!

Evander: Good, then I'll see you out there when your safe!

I then went back to following the thugs in the car as I landed on top of the car.

Thug#5: Shit he's back!

Evander: Sorry to burst your bubbles but you can't get rid of me. 

I coated my left arm with my shadow powers and then jumps off of the top and shot a web at the front and punched it causing the engine to stop which also made the people in the car to fly out as I shot webs at them sticking them to walls and poles.

Evander: Heh stick around. *laughs a bit* Alright Drew is there anymore thugs.

Drew: There are fifteen more sir scattered.

Evander: *sighs* Damnit. Welp time to go to work.

I then started to make my way to finish what's left of the thugs.

3rd Pov

Max soon made it to his house as he opens and closes the door. 

Max: Fran, I'm home!

He then hears footsteps as he saw his daughter Francine came down the stairs and hugged him tightly in which he hugged back.

Francine: You had me worried! What took you so long dad?

Max: Well you know New York, thugs everywhere but Shadow Spider saved me. And he told me I'm his eyes and ears!

Francine: *smiles* Maybe you is until you fix your hair.

Max: Francine really?

Francine: *laughing and let go of him* I'm just joking.

Max: So how was your first day of school?

Francine: It was good, made a new friend?

Max: That's great, what's their name?

Francine: He's name is Evander Axe.

Max: Is he a good person?

Francine: Well he is and the smartest person in the school. Even smarter than the teachers.

Max: He got a bright future ahead of him and I hope you too.

Francine: I will dad, jeez.

Max: *smiles* Alright right now, let's go eat something I'm starving.

Francine: Alright.

The Dillion's went into the kitchen as they pulled out a frozen pizza and heated it up to have a family dinner.