Chapter 31: Answers

Evander's Pov

(Few Hours Later)

After a few hours of driving we made to where Camp Leigh is as we gotten out of the car and looks at it.

Steve: This is it. 

Natasha: The file came from these coordinates. 

Steve: So did I.

I walked to the gates and popped one of my stingers out and slice the chains in have and pushed open the gates. We started walking around as Natasha was searching for anything that produce electricity. 

Steve: This camp is where I was trained. 

Evander: Changed much? 

Steve: A little. 

Natasha: This is a dead end. Zero heat signatures, zero waves, not even radio. Whoever wrote the file must have used a router to throw people off.

Me and Natasha looked at Steve as he was staring at a building and we walks towards it.

Steve: Army regulations forbid storing munitions within five hundred yards of the barracks.  This building is in the wrong place. 

Steve used his shield to break the lock and we walk down the stairs as we found out it was a base of operations for the original S.H.I.E.L.D. founded in after WW2.

Natasha: This is S.H.I.E.L.D. 

Evander: Looks like when it all started.

We went into a room that had pictures of the founding people of S.H.I.E.L.D. including Stark's father.

Evander: Stark's father.

Steve: Howard.

Natasha: *notice the picture of a girl* Who's the girl?

Steve didn't say anything as he walks away and we moved on as Steve found a secret door.

Steve: If you're already working in a secret office. *opens the path* Why do you need to hide the elevator?

Evander: Honestly I was hoping for there to be four door in front of the elevator.

Natasha soon called the elevator and we got in and sent us down to where some old computers and tech. Natasha started up the computers as a face figured appeared on one of the computers.

???: Rogers, Steven, born 1918. Romanoff, Natalia Alianovna, born 1984. Axe, Evander Garry, born 1997.

Evander: I better hope this is a goddamn recording.

???: I am not a recording at all. I may not be the man I was when the Captain took me prisoner in 1945. But I am.

We then see a picture of the person.

Natasha: You know this thing?

Steve: Arnim Zola was a German scientist who worked for the Red Skull. He's been dead for years. 

Zola: First correction, I am Swiss. Second look around you. I have never been more alive. In 1972, I received a terminal diagnosis. Science could not save my body. My mind however, that was worth saving, on two hundred thousand feet of databanks. You are standing in my brain.

Evander: Fucking gross.

Zola then went on to explain that he was hired by S.H.I.E.L.D. after WW2, but he was growing something called HYDRA in S.H.I.E.L.D. for over seventy years and if someone gets in HYDRA's way they sent the Winter Soldier after them.

Evander: Alright jackass I got a question for you. Who is this so called Spider?

Zola: Spider is what we called an experiment gone right. 

Evander: The hell do you mean by experiment?

Zola: And I thought you was smart, figure out this. How can they uses the same powers as you do?

Evander: Wait......wait....you fuckers made a clone of me?!

Zola: That we did but changed your DNA in a way.

I growled at they somehow stole my DNA to make the Spider as I punched the computer and saw Zola appeared in an other one.

Zola: As I was saying...

Steve: What's on this drive?

Zola: Project Insight requires insight. So I wrote an algorithm. 

Natasha: What kind of algorithm? What does it do? 

Zola: The answer to your question is fascinating. Unfortunately, you shall be too dead to hear it.

My spider sense went off as the door close and Steve threw his shield at the door to stop it but it fully closed as the shield went back to him.

Natasha: Boys, we've got a bogey. Short range ballistic. Thirty seconds tops.

Steve: Who fired it?

Natasha: S.H.I.E.L.D.

Evander: Oh bollocks!

Zola: I am afraid I have been stalling, Captain.

I runs over and takes the drive and put it in my pocket as Steve opens a panel of the floor as the missile it the building we jumped into it it as I webbed up the top to cover us but the impact made me hit me head.

(Few Minutes Later)

I woke up after hitting my head and saw Steve struggling to move the debris as I helped him and saw Natasha unconscious.

Evander: Shit we need to get out of here.

Steve: I got Natasha. *grabs her* Let's go.

We soon leaves the area before any 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' Agents could spot us.