Chapter 74: The Lagos Mission

Evander's Pov

(Lagos, Nigeria. April 2016, Evander's Age: 19)

It's been five months since I battle with Venom and killing my friend Eddie. I'm still sad about that but I need to push on with my life as me and Cassandra are back together, Aerith can speak now working on her with that, Roisin has a symbiote but it seems to be more tamer than Venom, and I'm back working with the Avengers. Now we're in Lagos on a mission because we gotten a lead on Rumlow. Everyone is split up as Steve is in apartment building, Natasha, Wanda, and Alexander was undercover on the streets. While me and Cassandra was keeping look out on a roof wearing our suits.

Steve: Alright, what do you see?

Wanda: Standard beats cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target.

Steve: There's an ATM on the south corner. Which means?

Alexander: Cameras.

Evander: And both cross streets are one way.

Cassandra: So some escape route...great.

Steve: That's means our men is afraid of being seen and doesn't care whether or not he makes a mess on the way out. Wanda, you see that Range Rover halfway up the block. 

Wanda: Yeah, it's cute.

Alexander: And it's also bullet proof.

Natasha: Which means more security, which means a bigger headache for us.

Wanda: You guys know that I cam move stuff with my mind, right?

Cassandra: And I can make portals, and our loves got spider powers. No one like a show off Wanda.

Natasha: Yeah, well looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature.

Alexander: Have anyone told you that you is paranoid?

Natasha: No, not to my face, why what have you heard?

Evander: I've been telling that you is paranoid but you brushed me off.

Natasha: You is like a son to me so you don't count.

Steve: Alright cut the chatter people. This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in four months. I'd rather not lose him.

Sam: If he sees us coming I don't think that will be a problem considering he hate all of us.

Evander: Fair....

I walks towards part of the roof and put my mask on and looked at Cassandra.

Evander: I'll see you later babe.

I jumped off of the roof and fired a web and started swing while being invisible. After some time of swinging around I then saw some hostiles as I heard Steve on the comms.

Steve: Body armor, Ar-15s. I count eight hostiles.

I swing in and kicked one of the gunsmen and uppercutted the other one before webbing him and slammed him into the ground as I became visible.

Evander: Make that six.

My spider sense went off as I turn my head to see the gunsman I uppercutted got up but a portal appeared next to him and Cassandra punched him in the face hard knocking him out.

Cassandra: Idiot.

Evander: I had him.

Cassandra: Of course you did..

Wanda then came and lift two of the others up.

Wanda: Sam? Alexander?

Sam and Alexander came and took down the two of them.

Sam: I count four.

Alexander: Heh.

Me, Alexander, and Steve  walked over to Wanda as Cassandra walked behind me.

Sam: Rumlow is on the third floor.

Alexander: Alright babe just like we practiced.

Wanda: What about the gas?

Steve: get it out.

I watched as Wanda used her powers to lift Alexander and Steve into the building as I looked at Cassnadra who picked me up and throw me inside of the building an d kicked one of Rumlow's men as me, Steve, and Alex started to take them down one by one. We then found out that Rumlow had escaped and we had to outrun an explosion as it send the three of us to the ground.

Evander: I'm gonna feel that later....

Alexander: Oh get the hell up we have to catch up to dick face.

We then gets up and started to look for Rumlow. I jumped over a couple of cars and found some gear on the ground.

Evander: Great they ditched their gear. Now it's a hide and seek game, one of them have the pay load.

My spider sense went off as we all heard beeping noises as I spotted a bomb on Steve's shield as I webbed it and throws it in the air as it exploded as Rumlow come at us. We was fighting him for a couple of minutes as I kicked him in the ground and Steve rips his mask off showing his face after what happened to him years ago.

Evander: Wow you seen better days.

Alexander: Really? *looks at me*

Evander: *shrugs*

Rumlow: All things considered I look pretty good.

Alexander: Who's your buyer?

Rumlow: You know he knew you. Your pal, your Bucky.

Steve: What the hell did he say?

Rumlow: Bucky, he knew you, he remembered you. He got all weepy about it, until they stuck his head back in the blender. He wanted you to know something. He said to me, 'Please tell Rogers. When you gotta go..you gotta go.' And you coming with me.

Rumlow activated a bomb on his chest as me and Alex was about to web him but Wanda managed to get a hold of him and created a shield to contain the blast and she raised him up in the air but there was a building near by as it was caught in the explosion. Wanda fell to her knees as Alexnader went to comfort her.

Evander: Sa...Sam, C-cosmic, we need fire and rescue on the south side of the building.

I quickly fired a web and went inside of the building and started to help the civilians to get out of the building as fire and rescue showed up.