Chapter 36: Freedom

Evander's Pov

Me, Steve, and Hill made it to the comms center and Steve knocked on the door as one of the tech people open it.

Steve: Excuse us.

He soon moved out of the way and we walked inside of the center Hill and I started working on to patch Steve to the comms as we did and I look at him.

Evander: Your time to shine Cap.

Steve: *nods and walks to the mic* Attention all S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, This is Steve Rogers and right next to me is Shadow Spider. You've heard a lot about us over the last few days. Some of you even ordered to hunt us down. But I think it's time you know the truth. S.H.I.E.L.D. is not what we thought it was. It's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The S.T.R.I.K.E. and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want. Absolute control. They shot Nick Fury. And it won't end there. If you launch those helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way. unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot. But the price of freedom is high. It always has been. And it's a price I'm willing to pay. *looks at me*

Evander: *nods and walks to the mic* Everyone this is Shadow Spider and like the captain said HYDR is in S.H.I.E.L.D. and we need your help on this one. And if we're the only ones then so be it then. But I'm willing to be that we're not the only ones. Don't let innocent people die.

I moved back from the mic and Sam looked at me and Steve.

Sam: Did you two write that down first or it was the top of the heads?

Evander: Eh I don't know just said words that's all.

3rd Pov

After the speeches from Evander and Steve left every S.H.I.E.L.D. worker/agents in shock as few of S.T.R.I.K.E. teams with Rumlow walks right into the tech room an d he walks up to one of the tech people. 

Rumlow: Preempt the launch sequence. Send those ships up now. 

Tech Guy: .........

Rumlow: Is there a problem? 

Tech Guy: Uhm......

Rumlow: Is there a problem?

Tech Guy: Sorry sir. *breaths heavily but stops* I'm not gonna launch those ships. Captains and Shadow Spider's orders. 

Rumlow: *takes out his gun and points it at the tech guy* Move away from your station. 

Soon Steve's 'neighbor' Kate walks up to Rumlow and pointed his gun at him as everyone who had a gun started pointing at each other. 

Kate: Like he said Captains and Shadow Spider's orders.

Rumlow: You picked the wrong side, Agent.

Kate: Depends on where you're standing. 

Rumlow soon dropped his gun but not after puling out his knife slicing Kate's arm making her drop her gun in which he caught it and started a shoot out between S.H.I.E.L.D. and HYDRA. Rumlow started the launch and made his way out of the room.

Evander's Pov

We all then started to hear noises as I looked outside to see the helicarriers bat doors opening being launched.

Sam: What's going on?

Evander: Drew?

Drew: Sir they are launching the helicarriers.

Evander: Fuck, they started the launch. We got to move now!

Me, Steve, and Sam soon leaves the comms center and saw the carriers going up in the sky. 

Sam: Hey, Cap, Spidy, how do we know the good guys from the bad guys? 

Steve: If they're shooting at you, they're bad.

Evander: Or they are dumb as hell.

Steve and I dropped off the ledge as Sam activated his wings and flies off to deal with the Bravo Carrier. As me and Steve landed onto the Alpha Carrier we staretd to get shot at by HYDRA, Steve ran into cover while I started dodging the bullets left and right and web strike one of them and then thrown them into their friends and web them down. Sam then got on the comms.

Sam: Hey guys, I found those bad guys you two were talking about. 

Evander: You good? 

Sam: I'm not dead yet.

Evander: Keep at it!