39

After leaving the Shabu Shabu shop, Qin Miao walked to the side of the road and stood there for a while, then a black commercial vehicle stopped in front of him.

The car door unlocked with a "click", Qin Miao opened the door of the back seat, and sat sideways in the car.

Zhao Kai was in the driver's seat, turned around and greeted Qin Miao: "Brother, did you see sister-in-law?"

"En." Qin Miao responded briefly.

"That's good." Zhao Kai looked straight ahead again, started the car, and began to talk about things, "I picked some gifts from other companies today and gave them to the secretary team. Put it away, and save it in another package to give away.”

"By the way, my aunt and elder brother also gave gifts. Auntie's gift is a set of emeralds. I don't think it's for you but for my sister-in-law. The elder brother's gift is still the same. It looks like it was chosen by his special assistant. Put it in the back of the car."

"Okay." Qin Miao had no objection to what Zhao Kai did.

While driving, Zhao Kai asked, "Auntie also asked if she would like to take some time to call eldest brother back to celebrate your birthday together."

"No need, it's all over." Qin Miao said flatly, "It's not an integer birthday, there is no need, I will go back to have dinner with her on weekends."

"That's fine, brother, you can arrange it yourself."

Qin Miao didn't reply anymore, took out her phone, pressed the screen to turn on, and unlocked the screen saver with a bony hand wearing a ring.

The time displayed on the mobile phone: 21:23 on November 20.

The days went by peacefully, until one day Chu Muyu received a call from the police station.

The police uncle on the phone said that Li Cen's case had made some progress, and asked Chu Muyu to go to the police station to explain the situation face to face.

Chu Muyu told Chu Suiyun when he got home, and Chu Suiyun took his younger brother to the police station the next day.

The two of them were lucky. When they arrived, the police uncle had just returned from his field work. He drank two sips of water, sweating and asked the brothers to sit down.

Then the police found another colleague who was in charge of the investigation of Li Cen's case, and the two of them explained the results of the investigation to Chu Muyu together.

"We checked Li Cen's mobile phone." The policeman went straight to the point, "We also tried our best to repair the contents of his two mobile phones and found some deleted things, but..."

Chu Muyu swallowed unconsciously, telling him intuitively that the next thing might be beyond his imagination.

Sure enough, the policeman continued: "But there aren't any text messages from before June."

Chu Muyu opened his eyes wide.

After Chu Suiyun arrested Li Cen that day, he heard his younger brother tell the whole story, and now he also knew the meaning of what the police said.

He was much calmer than his younger brother, and immediately asked: "Does this mean that someone else sent text messages before June?"

The policeman nodded: "Very likely. And according to Li Cen's own statement, he only came into contact with Chu Muyu after May 10th this year. Although he was working in the studio before, the two rarely met each other. , I don't know at all."