Bookworm.

That night, Aurora couldn't sleep. She stared at the ceiling, but her mind was somewhere else. She closed her eyes deeply. The image of Ruby crying still stuck in her mind.

It bothered her so much because she now realized how little she actually cared about other people in that world. Her priority had been her own survival. But even after figuring out that NPCs like Lyra were normal humans in this world, she had glossed over that.

In the back of her mind, she still treated them as NPCs, thinking that her existence was more important than theirs, just because she was a player. That's why she hadn't really looked carefully at Ruby's situation.

Aurora sighed heavily. 

No.

Probably she was wrong. Probably this wasn't about NPCs or not. Even in her previous life, it wasn't like she valued everyone's life the same. 

At first, she only wanted to use Ruby as a tool for her survival. But without her knowing, she started to actually feel that they were real friends. 

That's simple. 

She felt bad because she didn't care enough about her friend, their problems, and their feelings.

"So stupid," she murmured to herself.

She woke up, feeling like she wasn't going to be able to sleep. She walked toward the bookshelf. There was a small collection of books that the original Aurora had. She had planned to indulge herself with books, but nothing really caught her eye.

Probably they had different taste? Aurora found that most of the books there were pretty boring.

Now she stuck. with an urge to read something, but nothing seemed to catch her interest. At that point she willing to putting in some extra work to satisfy her urge. 

So, she got up from her room and made her way to the library. As she approached the library door, a thought crossed her mind, "If she comes this late, isn't it going to be locked?"

Despite her doubts, she continued forward and tried the handle. 

The door was open. 

She couldn't help but wonder, "Does the library never lock at night?"

She stepped inside and took in the nighttime scenery of the library, which always gave her a mysterious feeling. Especially because she was alone, it felt like she had the entire place to herself.

She walked towards the shelves, looking at the books. The moonlight still hit that place so it wasn't completely dark. However, it was still a bit hard to read without a source of light, like how her room was decorated with magic candles.

Aurora used her power, creating a ball of light that floated from her hand. The sudden appearance of light surprised someone so much that they screamed.