Bet.

They encountered an angry harpy. But instead of being unhappy or worried, Aurora smiled. That's because she had planned to do something to make the harpies interested in her. They only had a little time, and there was no way she could find Uta in a normal way.

Still, she didn't expect Ruby's random comment to get them attention from a big fish like her. Aurora might be unfamiliar with the game "Speed Freak Uta," but she had seen the cover of the game a few times. And this girl was one of the characters on the cover. She might not have known her name, but she must have been one of the playable characters, not just a random NPC. She must have a direct connection with Uta.

"So what?" Ruby said fearlessly. "I'm just telling you the truth! Aurora can beat your speed with her eyes closed!"

"Um, that might not be true, Ruby," Aurora said.

"Ha! Look, even your friend doesn't agree with you!" the harpy said.

"Unless... maybe when the track is straight?" Aurora continued.

"See?" Ruby said proudly. "She can do it!"

"Both of you, brats!" the bird girl snorted in disgust. "You'd better back up that big mouth of yours with actual speed! Let's have a race!"

"Of course!" Ruby said. "I guess a simple fact can't get inside your stupid bird brain unless you see it for yourself, huh?"

"That's it, stupid human!" the bird girl said. "Don't think I'll forgive you even if you beg me to!"

"Yeah, yeah, do that after you win," Ruby said. "And you better not cheat by using a race track where flying will make you faster reaching the goal."

"Don't look down on me, human," the harpy stomped her legs. "Why would I use such a pathetic dirty trick? It's not the first time other races think they're faster than us. We have prepared several race tracks that are better suited to your silly legs."

"Oh... I guess I can respect your fairness then," Ruby said, kind of surprised.

Aurora nodded. "But if we're going to do this," she said, "I won't do it with just random people. Or harpies. Bring someone that's worth the effort. I want someone with the best speed you have."

"Don't joke around! There's no way I will let you race with our Uta--"

"What's going on here? Why the ruckus?" a tall harpy asked as she walked toward them. Her eyes were sharp and her hair was green.

That was Uta. Aurora remembered her as the most dominant character on the cover art of the game. But what surprised her the most was a small harpy girl that followed her. She wore big circled glasses and had short braided pink hair. Aurora was sure that she was supposed to be the rival character, the antagonist Hina Clockwinder, in other words, the transmigrator.

Yet they were obviously on the same team. Were they friends? Partners? What was going on here?