The Huntress Was Being Hunted.

There were two names inside the game 'The Phantom Huntress' that Aurora had asked Dante to look out for: Celestia Reiren, a talented assassin who the player controlled. And Princess Catherina Vil Valoria, a corrupt princess. The last assassination target. 

If things continued the same way as Aurora and Serena had experienced, then the transmigrator from that game was going to be the antagonist of the story - the corrupt Princess Catherina Vil Valoria.

Dante cleared his throat.

"First, the Valoria kingdom was one of the worst places to live," Dante said. "It wasn't exactly a rich kingdom, yet corruption almost happened on every level. People were starving to death everywhere. Despite that, the noble and royal families lived glamorous lifestyles. The princess was especially fond of creating unnecessary parties and wasting money by buying pointless stuff."

Dante looked at another page of his papers." But in the shadow," he said, "a group of assassins made a move all over the kingdom. They killed corrupt nobles, stole their riches to be shared with people."

Aurora nodded. So far, what had happened was still the same with her knowledge from the game.

"But things quickly changed for the last few weeks," Dante said. "Princess Catherina suddenly sent her knights to all over the kingdom, finding these assassins' hideouts and massacring them one after another." 

Going straight for a killing, huh? How scary. That must have been when the transmigrator possessed the princess's body, Aurora guessed.

"All seven hideouts of these assassins were destroyed without a trace," Dante said. "This assassins' group was basically over at this point. Of course, there were still some that survived from each hideout, but because the fact that their hideouts were found by the princess so easily, they distrusted themselves. Thinking that one of them was a traitor. I think soon even the ones that survived will end up killing each other."

What a nasty tactic, Aurora thought. Most likely Princess Catherina was doing it on purpose. Reiren as the main character was unlikely to die from that sudden attack. Main characters always had that kind of luck. So Princess Catherina purposely made some assassins survive from each branch so they would be the ones that hunted Reiren themselves.

Dante looked at his papers. "Oh, and the girl named Reiren," he said. "Fortunately, it seems like she and one of her friends were the only two that survived from the north hideout. She was moving from place to place, so I don't know her exact position, but she was one of the most talented assassins. I'm sure she was still alive, at least."

"What about the princess?" Aurora asked. "Did she suddenly become a better person?"

Dante looked at Aurora with a confused look. "No, what are you talking about?" he said. "It's the opposite. She's getting worse, especially after she successfully shut down the assassins' group. She became more open to abusing her power."

"I see," Aurora said.

Aurora kind of expected it. Not all transmigrators were going to be good people. In fact, she expected Serena to be a warmonger at first, so she was not exactly surprised that Princess Catherina turned out to be evil, even though it was obviously a shame.