Adventurers Guild.

The next day, after class ended, a girl with white hair, Marina walked over to Aurora's seat. Aurora noticed that Marina looked a bit stressed and as if she hadn't been getting enough sleep, judging by the bags under her eyes.

"Hey," Aurora said. "Is something wrong?"

Marina let out a sigh. "I'm sorry," she said.

"Why?" Aurora asked. "What are you sorry for?" 

"Actually..." Marina said, "I used up all the ingredients you gave me, but..." Marina sighed again. "I didn't really get the result I wanted. They all turned out weird. Somehow."

"Weird how?" Aurora asked.

"The point is," Marina said, "I don't think I can do it. I'm sorry."

"It's fine," Aurora said. "I didn't expect you to succeed right away. That's just unreasonable, no matter how genius you are."

"But still--" Marina started to say, but she was cut off by Ruby, who had just walked over to the two of them.

"Hey, what are you guys talking about?" Ruby asked.

Both Aurora and Marina looked at Ruby.

"I asked Marina to make a potion for me," Aurora replied.

"Cool," Ruby said. "What kind of potion?"

"That's... a secret," Aurora smiled. Beside her, Marina didn't say a word. If Aurora herself wasn't willing to say it, there was no reason for Marina to say anything.

"Not this again," Ruby pouted. "You didn't even explain to me what you did at that duel yet, and now this."

Marina remembered the duel Ruby mentioned. It felt like so long ago. She too was curious to know what Aurora did that day. But if Aurora wasn't willing to tell Ruby, there was no way Aurora would tell her.

"Sorry, sorry," Aurora said. "I'll tell you when the potion is ready, okay?"

"Why not now?" Ruby asked.

"Come on, it's more fun that way," Aurora said.

"Fine," Ruby said. "But you better explain it later. About that duel too. Promise me."

"Okay, okay," Aurora said with a smile.

Aurora turned to Marina and said, "Anyway, it's fine if you failed. If you need more ingredients, I will have my maid bring them to you."

Marina replied, "Ah, thank you." She paused for a moment, then added, "Wait, that's not what I'm trying to say..."

Aurora interrupted, "Marina, I understand. You're worried that even if you continue this, nothing will come out of it. It's fine. That's the risk I'm willing to take."