The Big World.

Aurora doesn't think that she can tell anyone about her talk with Nova just now. Even in a world where magic exists, people might still think she is crazy. If someone saw her just now, from their point of view, she must have looked like she was talking to herself.

All of this makes her feel tired. There's a lot to unpack from that talk. She has decided to take a rest for now.

While she is walking towards her room, she looks around. The sun has already set, yet she sees people still busy. Teachers and workers are moving and working quickly, fixing broken buildings. Sometimes with magic, sometimes directly using their hands.

Some people even greet her when they notice Aurora passing by. It seems like she is getting more popular because of Lyra's actions.

Looking at the broken building, Aurora wonders about Nova. Were her nightmares so bad that she decided creating destruction like this was acceptable?

That still sounds like a stupid decision, but Aurora feels like she must be prepared for the worst, whatever that nightmare was about.

Nightmares, predictions. That's kind of funny because Aurora has faked having the power of future sight before. Then who knows, this might end up becoming one of her future sights too.

But even if Aurora believes her, Nova barely told her anything about it. She left out so many details, especially what is going to attack them, which makes it hard to prepare for anything.

"You look like you have a lot on your mind," someone said. "Did I come at the wrong time?"

Aurora looked in the direction of the voice and saw that it was Dante.

Aurora weakly smiled and said, "Yes, and I hope you didn't add more to it."

Dante laughed and replied, "Sorry, but that's outside my control."

Aurora sighed. "I guess so. Then what happened? What can you tell me today?"

"It's about the second prince," Dante said. "After his plan failed, the royal knights chased him to the border of the elf kingdom. When he crossed the border, he was protected by the elves, and it seems like he successfully made an ally there. The problem is, the elves used a weird weapon on us."

"A weird weapon?" Aurora asked. "Like what?"

"It wasn't a bow or anything like that," Dante explained. "It creates a loud explosive noise, can be fired from a distance, and is super fast. It shoots some sort of metal balls and forced our knights to retreat and abandon the chase." 

Aurora blinked in disbelief. "What?"

She wasn't sure yet, but that... sounded like a description of a gun.

A gun in a medieval fantasy world? That wasn't possible, right? Aurora thought. But if it really exists somehow...