Liar.

"Going back in time?" Ruby laughed. "This is so stupid."

Even with her mockery, Nova remained calm. They stared at each other.

"So," Nova said. "Do you really think that's impossible?"

Her confidence worried Ruby, but she knew this talk was just ridiculous. Why had she even bothered listening to her mad rambling?

"I've never heard of such magic, and I'm done with you," Ruby said, trying to leave.

"Are you sure you want to leave things hanging like this?" Nova said. "Don't you want to learn more about Aurora and me?"

Ruby knew that whatever Nova said, she couldn't just believe it. Nova could easily be lying and messing with her, but... but she wanted to know more about it. She wanted to know more about Aurora.

"Fine," Ruby said. "Let's say I believe you two are back in time, then what?"

"A lot," Nova said. "In the world before I was regressed, Aurora was basically bewitching all the boys. That includes my fiancé, Finnick, Oliver, and all the others."

Aurora being popular among boys, Ruby could believe it. Even right now she had heard rumors that some boys from noble families were planning to ask her to be their fiancé. But her hogging Casper, Finnick, and Oliver? The image just felt wrong somehow.

"Aurora's not that kind of girl," Ruby said. 

"Well, I'll admit she's changed," Nova said. "Before this, she was more active in chasing guys. But anyway, because she stole Finnick's attention from you, we ended up becoming friends."

If the situation were different and it was Aurora who had stolen Finnick from her, Ruby couldn't help but admit that she might have been willing to become friends with Nova.

The idea of being friends with Nova disgusted her though.

"We tried to get back at her with... a little pranks and stuff," Nova continued. "I over did it, angering Casper and almost getting killed by him. Instead, I regressed to my younger years."

"So... you got a second chance?" Ruby tried to make sense of things.

"I guess I wanted revenge," Nova said. "So after I regressed, I tried my best to be in friendly relationships with all the boys. So I wouldn't get killed again. Though in the process, it seems I made you an enemy."

Ruby was stunned. She had never seen Nova this vulnerable before. Was she really telling the truth?

"Anyway," Nova said. "The mine that Aurora's family bought, originally it was going to be yours. So isn't that mean she's stealing from you?"

"What are you trying to say?" Ruby said, her mind trying to process all this new information.