Chaos.

Lyra thought she was prepared for anything, but when a loud explosion was heard, she hurried outside and saw that thing... Immediately, she felt her legs turn to jelly.

Throughout her life, Lyra had never seen a monster before. Starlight Manor, where she lived, was close to the capital, and the possibility of encountering a monster was almost non-existent. All she knew about them came from the stories she heard from other maids.

So, she never expected it to be this terrifying.

"Are you okay?" Aurora asked, appearing behind her.

"Miss!" Lyra said, snapped out of her dread.

Aurora looked at the monster that had been halted by a magic barrier. Its sharp, gigantic teeth were biting on the barrier, and cracks were starting to appear on the glass-like dome.

"So, it's actually happening," Aurora said, her tone still surprisingly composed. Lyra couldn't help but stare at her in disbelief, wondering how her master could remain so calm despite the piercing screams echoing in every direction.

"What should we do, miss?" Lyra asked in a panic.

"Can you go and meet the people that my father hired?" Aurora said. "Tell them it's time. Their job is to defeat these monsters and the group of rebels behind it."

Lyra gulped, looking at the monster. She was frozen with an overwhelming sense of terror. Forget using her legs for walking or running; she felt like she was going to fall to the ground if she didn't consciously hold onto her leg to keep standing.

"It's fine if you can't," Aurora said.

No, miss," Lyra said, her face pale. "I will do it."

Aurora looked at her and nodded. "Okay, but remember to keep yourself safe first," she said. "That's the priority."

"Yes, miss," Lyra said.

She took a deep breath, pushed herself to focus, and then started running towards the gate. She glanced back a bit at her master. Aurora was still standing there, looking at the monster. But a moment later, Aurora started to walk.

Where is she going? Lyra thought. But she held that question in her mind. First, she needed to do what Aurora had told her to do.

Even in the town, panic had spread all around. Buildings were burning and destroyed, while people ran, screamed, and cried. A little further from where she stood, Lyra saw another gigantic monster laying waste to everything in its path. It was the same type of monster as the previous one, with a snail-like appearance, a green shell, and hundreds of teeth.

She gulped. If this was the second monster, how many of these things exist?