Promises.

"Hey Marina, thanks for the potion the other day!" someone said as he bumped into Marina in the corridor.

"Oh, that wasn't from me," Marina replied.

"But you made it, right?" the guy asked.

"Yes, but..." Marina started to explain.

"Then thanks anyways," the guy said, cutting her off.

"I told you, that wasn't from me. I didn't pay for it," Marina clarified, but the person had already left.

Marina sighed.

It's been a few days since this kind of thing started happening to her. All she did was what Aurora asked her to do, but people kept misunderstanding it just because she was well-known as a genius potion maker. 

She hated it. She didn't deserve the thanks and recognition she received. Even after Aurora's maid, Lyra, made sure that everyone knew that Aurora was the one paying for the potions they received, her name was still somehow attached to it. 

"Thanks to Aurora and Marina," they said. 

It was so frustrating.

It's not that she hated praise, but taking credit for other people's achievements was never okay for her. Especially because she was sometimes critical of Aurora's kindness. 

Marina entered the empty classroom. She stared down at her own table, looking for the notebook she had forgotten to take. 

"I need to apologize,"she murmured to herself, still thinking about Aurora.

"Apologize to whom?" someone asked, making her jump.

The room was empty, so she wasn't expecting anyone to have overheard what she said.

"Oh, sorry. Did I startle you?" the same person asked.

"Of course, you did--oh, Aurora?" Her anger immediately evaporated when she noticed who it was.

"Yes, it's me," Aurora grinned. "I hope you didn't forget about me already."

"There's no way I could forget about you," Marina snorted. It's the exact opposite; she was just thinking about her. "So... what are you doing here anyway?" Marina asked. 

"Ah, I was wondering if you were going to go home," Aurora said. "You know, because class is temporarily paused at the moment."

"Nah, I won't," Marina said. "I have nothing to do at home anyway. So I'm either stuck here or going back to the Magic Association. But enough about me, were you looking for me because you need something, right?"