Traitor.

When Serena still didn't know about her [Weapon Crafting] skill, she found a secret letter from a prince from a neighboring kingdom.

His name was Damian Grey, the second prince from Avalonera kingdom. He was looking for support, promising appropriate rewards if they were willing to help him become the next king.

Serena saw this as a good opportunity. If she played her cards right, she could make both the human kingdom of Samalanra and this prince's kingdom fight each other. It didn't matter who won. If they both lost their military power, it would be a win for her.

So, even though his father wasn't interested in corresponding with this prince, Serena secretly tried to make a connection with him. This led to the moment when she saved him from a group of knights chasing him, which led to the problem she was facing right now.

She was invited to a private meeting with her father, the king of the elves, and an elder named Galadriel something something. The elder's name was hard to remember, and Serena didn't care enough to look it up.

He was supposed to be a few hundred years old, yet he still looked young. Well, young for his age at least. His appearance was probably around 40 years old for a human, but he was grumpy exactly like an old man. 

"Don't you know what you have done?" the elder said. "You're helping a traitor, a rebel leader! Our hands are already full dealing with Samalanra's attack. What if Avalonera decides to attack us too because of this?"

Serena was already prepared. She had predicted that her actions would be questioned, so she had some counterarguments ready.

"Well, we can use him to make a deal with the Avalonera kingdom, right?" Serena said. "If we return him to his kingdom, we can ask for a reward or something. It's not like we're openly saying that we're supporting their second prince."

"You already attacked their knight!" the elder said.

"You would have attacked them too if I didn't do anything," Serena said. "I believe that's the rule, right? Any human that enters our land without permission will get attacked right away."

"Well, that's true," the king said.

"But you saved the prince!" the elder said. "They already know that you and he were allies!"

"We can just say that we recognized him, so we decided to take him as a prisoner instead or something like that?" Serena said. "I mean you can't just kill a prince from a neighboring kingdom, right? Even if they are criminals."

The elf king nodded his head. "That could work," he said. 

"No, my king. Don't get swayed by this crazy girl's idea," the elder said.

"Elder," the king said, "while I admit Serena is a little eccentric, she's still my daughter. You'd better watch what you say."