Half Ghost.

Inside the carriage Nyx stared at her own hand. Her hand occasionally flickering, almost make her body transparent. The strangeness of being half ghost still unsettled her. She couldn't quite grasp how it worked. If she were half elf or half dwarf, it would be easier to understand—her parents would likely be a human and an elf, or some something like that. But half ghost? What did that even mean? Was she half-dead or something? Nyx wasn't sure.

What she sure was she somehow transmigrated into the world of game. Before she wake up in this world, she was enjoying a long nice sleep after finished playing the strategy role-playing game called 'Demoness Monarch of the Eternal Night' on her Steam Deck. 

Now, she found herself trapped in the role of the game's villainess—Nyx Graveshade. She had become the leader of a group known as the Knights of the Silver Blade, tasked with protecting the lands from demonic forces.

On the surface, it didn't sound so bad—a leader of knights, protecting the people. It was akin to being a police officer. However, things will never be that simple. 

This world setting is a little different than what she remember from the game. It seemed that hundreds of years ago, the demons race had sought to conquer the world, sparking wars across the continent in their belief of superiority. However, humans had discovered a way to defend themselves using ancient magic, effectively neutralizing the demons. In the process, most demons were massacred, leaving behind only a small remnant that was banished to the fringes of the continents.

The Knights of the Silver Blade were formed to ensure the demons didn't regroup and resume their activities. Over the centuries, the demon population dwindled, and they became marginalized by the other races, suffering harsh treatment. This was especially true for members of the Knights of the Silver Blade, who could easily kill demons without consequence.

Some argued that the demons deserved their mistreatment. After all it was the price they had to pay for their grand crimes. However, Nyx couldn't shake off her unease.

Particularly because she knew what would happen next.

In the game 'Demoness Monarch of the Eternal Night', players assumed the role of Lilith Bloodmoon, a demon girl. The story began with her being a part of small group—the last remnants of the demon race. Living peacefully with her grandmother deep within the crooked forest, inside small demons village. But Lilith's life was shattered when a power-hungry group of knights attacked the demon village, slaughtering everyone except her. 

Fueled by rage, Lilith awakened her true power—an inheritance from the demon queen herself. She possessed the ability to summon monsters from the remains of the deceased. Monsters created from bones and essence of the night, creating nightmare creatures who would do whatever she asked.

Consumed by anger and a burning desire for revenge, she vowed to make everyone pay, even if it meant destroying everything in her path.

And that's exactly what happened at the end of the game. Lilith end up killing every living being and turn them into nightmare bone monsters. A dark and empty ending. And it was a fate this world would experience if Nyx didn't stop her.