First Shot.

Serena's face was pale, and she stared at her hand the whole time they were inside the carriage. They were going to war, it was normal to be nervous, but she didn't like feeling like this.

Altea put her hand on top of Serena's hand and asked the obvious question, "Are you okay, princess?"

"No, I feel sick," Serena replied honestly.

Altea hugged her and said, "I'm sorry I can't do anything to help you, princess."

This actually make her feel a little better. But on the other side, she embarrassed too because the twins was watching. 

"It's fine, princess. We're here! We won't let them hurt you!" Talia said trying to reassure serena.

Salia beside her nodded her head and added, "We will do our best!"

Serena tried to smile and said, "Thank you." 

She was happy they were here with her, but still, the uneasy feeling didn't disappear.

The carriage suddenly stopped, jolting Serena out of her thoughts. She looked around, confusion etched on her face. 

"What happened?" she asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Let me check," Altea said, reaching for the door handle. She pulled it open, revealing a girl standing there, her face obscured by a cloak and mask. Serena felt a chill run down her spine as she remembered the girl's name. Viola Drewn.

"We will move by foot starting here," Viola said, her voice muffled by the mask. 

Serena nodded, she grabbed her sniper rifle and jumped out of the carriage, Altea and the twins following close behind.

Serena looking around, she saw they started set up a camp and preparing for defense. It seemed like Prince Casper would stay around here.

Suddenly, Serena saw smoke rising in the distance. Her heart raced as she realized what it meant. The fight had already started. She could hear the distant sounds of weapons clashing, and her fingers tightened around her rifle.

"Alright, follow me," Viola said.

Serena hugged her sniper rifle and started following Viola and the knights. They would go to higher ground. Their strength was range, so they would obviously use that.

Serena gulped. "Talia, can you go first?" she said. "You're the best at noticing small things. That will be helpful."

Talia's ears perked, she looked excited but her expression quickly turned to one of concern. "But I'm supposed to protect you," she said. 

"It's fine," Serena reassured her. "I still have Altea and Salia here."