Endless Nightmare.

Aurora woke up with cold sweat all over her body. Her breathing was heavy, and she reflexively touched her chest. However, she didn't feel any pain. There was no wound.

Was it just a dream?

She then noticed that something was wrong. Her hand felt smaller than she remembered. She stared at her hand in confusion.

"What happened...?" Aurora whispered.

She surprised even more. Even her voice sounded different. It was still Aurora voice, but it sounded more childish.

Aurora looked around the room. It was the same room she first woke up in this world, not her academy room.

She gulped.

An idea came to her mind, but she didn't want it to be true. She got up from her bed and looked in the mirror.

"No..." Aurora murmured.

In the mirror, she saw a little girl with blue hair. It was still Aurora, but she looked so much younger.

"No, no, no, no, this can't be happening!" she wailed.

The only explanation she could come up with was that she had died by Nova's hand and had now regressed to an earlier version of herself.

"All my progress..." Aurora said in pain. "I don't want to redo everything again..."

This was worse than accidentally deleting your save file. And it was one of a gamer's worst nightmares.

All the connections she had built with Ruby, Sera, and the others, everything she had worked hard for all this time, had now disappeared.

Aurora lost all her energy and ended up sitting on the floor.

"Why is this happening...?"

She let out a long sigh, trying to accept whatever was happening right now.

"Okay," Aurora thought to herself. "If this is how it is, then I will take it. Just think of the positive side. I get more time to prepare--"

Her thoughts were interrupted by an eerie feeling of how quiet the place was. There was no sound other than what she created. Why had she just noticed this now? In fact, outside the window was pitch black.

"Is it the middle of the night?" she wondered. Still, something felt off.

Aurora slowly opened her room door and went outside.

"Lyra, are you there?" she called out to her maid, but nobody answered.