Death.

That night Lyra come back to Aurora room with pack of cards.

"Miss," she said as she entered the room, "your cards have arrived."

"Oh, finally," Aurora said as she set aside the book she was reading. "Let me see them."

As she examined the deck, the first card she laid her eyes on was the Joker. The quality was decent, but Aurora wasn't particularly fond of the illustration. Nevertheless, the most important thing was that the deck was complete, with the right number of cards and symbols she had requested.

These were made by Nicolas' friend, the tarot card maker. 

"What are you going to do with it?" Lyra asked, looking at the deck of cards.

"Play with it," Aurora replied with a smile.

"How?"

"I'll teach you later. But first, I have a promise to keep," she said as she got off the bed. "Oh, I should return these books I've finished reading too."

"Allow me to carry those for you, miss," Lyra offered as she stepped closer to her master.

"It's fine," Aurora said, hugging the three thick books with one arm. "Why don't you rest first? I won't be gone for long."

"Okay, miss," Lyra said as she watched Aurora leave the room with books and cards in hand.

Aurora made her way to the magic academy library, her usual destination. The door proved to be a bit of a challenge to open with her hands full, but after some maneuvering, she finally succeeded.

The sound of the door opening caught the attention of a big girl who carefully peered out from behind a bookshelf. Upon realizing it was Aurora, she quickly approached her.

"Let me help you with that," the big girl, Sera, offered as she took the books from Aurora.

"Thanks," Aurora said, smiling gratefully.

Aurora followed Sera as she walked towards the bookshelf. With a quick glance at the books, Sera made sure she was putting them back in the correct place.

They then made their way to a table around the corner. The candle on top of the table cast a warm, flickering light as they sat down.

Aurora bring up her cards. 

"Alright, so this is the result of what we discussed last time," Aurora said as she pulled out her deck of cards.

Sera didn't looked too happy. "Gambling?"

"No, no, it's just a card game," Aurora smiled, shuffling the deck. "I'm going to teach you how to play Old Maid."