Finnick.

Finnick didn't have a goal anymore. After all the wounds he had received from fighting with James had healed, he didn't know what to do anymore. Finnick was losing his reason for life.

He didn't feel like chasing after his father anymore, to become a knight Captain. Just thinking about that made him sad and angry. That position's name became synonymous with nothing but pain for him.

Meanwhile, his revenge didn't go well either. At the beginning, he was determined to repay anyone connected with his father's death with death itself. All the rebel group members, people connected with it like Nova, James, or the second prince, Damian. But after he defeated James, he didn't have the guts to actually kill him off.

From that, he realized the same thing would happen when he confronted the others. No matter how angry he was, he wouldn't be able to take that next step. It was a good thing; killing wasn't exactly something that someone could be proud of, but that meant his quest for revenge was basically meaningless.

That's assuming he could even confront them now. Because things became more problematic when he found out that Nova was unconscious for who knows how long and the second prince was running away.

Would he pointlessly wait until Nova woke up? Or would he try to chase the second prince?

He figured he had no motivation to do any of that.

His dad was gone, and no matter what he did, nothing would change that.

He couldn't take it anymore, so he just ran until he reached a quiet spot in the woods around the academy. Then he started screaming at the top of his lungs while crying. He felt frustrated and empty.

After that, a few days passed with his mind lost in a fog. He couldn't really remember what he did. All he knew was that he was wet from the rain, his body was dirty, and he was starving.

He suddenly decided he wanted to meet Nova. Even if she was unconscious, he might find something if he did that.

When he asked around, it seemed like Nova was being kept in Prince Casper's room.

So, he still cares about her despite what happened? Finnick thought. That kind of made him jealous because he himself didn't really know what he actually felt about Nova anymore.

When he tried to go to Prince Casper's room, he was stopped by some of Prince Casper's knights.

"I'm sorry, but Prince Casper told us not to let anyone come close to his room," the knight said, "especially when he was not around?"

"Where is he right now?" Finnick asked.

"He was dealing with a visitor from the Elven Kingdom. If you have any business with him, you should wait until he's back."

"No," Finnick said. "I have no business with him. I just want to see Nova. Move."