Trip.

Their lips were softly touching each other, which made Ruby panic and fall from her chair.

"Are you okay? You shouldn't have asked if you're not ready," Aurora said as she helped Ruby stand up.

"Sh-shut up," Ruby said. Her face was red as a tomato. "I'm just a little surprised. And you were blushing too!"

"I'm not," Aurora said.

"Why you..." Ruby said, annoyed, as she playfully pinched Aurora's cheeks.

Aurora giggled. "Sorry. Anyway, that wasn't the reason I came here," Aurora said.

"Oh?" Ruby said, looking disappointed. "So why did you come here then?"

"I was planning on going somewhere," Aurora said. "It was going to be a trip to another kingdom. I hoped this would help us prepare for the future. So I was wondering if you were interested in coming with me."

Ruby blinked. "What?"

"If you couldn't, then it's fine," Aurora said. "I guess I can just go alone."

"Waitwaitwait, so we're going on a trip together?" Ruby asked.

"Yes, but it's not for fun," Aurora reminded her. 

"Let's do it then!" Ruby said excitedly. "This will be fun!"

"I told you it's not for fun! Our goal was to meet the huntress," Aurora said. "And it was dangerous."

But Ruby just didn't listen. She was already planning on what she was going to bring with her and thinking about what fun activities they might be able to do. Aurora sighed. As long as she was happy.

"Oh, but I need to talk to my father first," Ruby suddenly said. "To ask for permission and... I had some questions I wanted to ask him too."

"Of course," Aurora said. Later, she would go home and do the same thing anyway.

"Don't worry, I will still come with you even if he doesn't let me go," Ruby said, trying to reassure Aurora.

"No, no, let's not do that," Aurora said, worried.

"Why not?" Ruby said. "He couldn't tell me what to do."

"Well, yes, but he was still your father," Aurora said. "Didn't you need to respect his opinion, even a little?"

"Oh, don't worry about it," Ruby replied. "I respected him if he did as I said."

"That's not how it worked..." Aurora sighed, feeling uneasy.

"It's fine, it's fine," Ruby said, making Aurora think this wouldn't be fine.