Nothing Is Certain.

Resting on top of the building, Reiren's mind couldn't stop thinking about the blue-haired girl named Aurora. The encounter at the tavern had left her feeling uneasy, and she couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't quite right.

She had never seen anyone quite like Aurora before. Her confidence and poise were unmatched, and she seemed to know things that she shouldn't have known.

As she gazed out over the town, she felt a sense of restlessness wash over her.

"Is she Princess Catharina's ally or something?" she muttered.

"I don't know," Eliphia, who was standing behind her, replied. "But I doubt it. I never heard her name before, and naturally, there is no information about her having a connection with the princess. Not to mention, if she was the princess's ally and wanted to kill us..."

"They would have already done it at that tavern?" Reiren guessed. "Yeah, in a direct confrontation, we would have had no chance of winning against that knight lady. Still, what does she want exactly?"

"I can't tell either," Eliphia said. "But it's better for us not to get involved with them."

"But what if they can really help us?" Reiren said. "And what about there being no traitor?"

"If that's true, then it's a relief," Eliphia said. "But either way, we can't trust her. We don't know her at all! All that she said could be a lie!"

"That's true, but... it's kind of unfair, though," Reiren said. "She appeared and offered us help right when we needed it the most."

"That's exactly why it's suspicious," Eliphia said, her tone wary. "It's as if she could tell the future. Remember when I said earlier that they were waiting for someone before we entered the tavern? I think they were waiting for us."

Reiren stared at her friend in disbelief.

"You mean that Aurora girl knew beforehand that we would come there?" Reiren said. "But how? We didn't even plan to come there at all! It just happened."

"I don't know," Eliphia said. "And if you were observing her carefully, she didn't seem like she was from this kingdom in the first place."

"Do you mean she came here especially for us?" Reiren asked.

"That's a scary possibility, but maybe," Eliphia said. "After all, they seem to want to go to the dwarf kingdom. The only reason they stick around here is that they are waiting for certain people, in other words, us."

"Why?" Reiren said. "To begin with, how could an outsider like her know so much anyway?"

"I... don't know," Eliphia said, troubled. "That's the problem. She is a huge mystery. I admit she didn't seem to be an enemy at the moment, at least, but it's better for us not to get involved with her at all--"