Consequence

What will happen to Aurora once she passes the moment when the story in the game ends? This is a question that has been bothering Aurora in the back of her mind.

Will she be sent back to her original world? Or will she be stuck in this world forever? What even happened to her original body anyway? Did she die or just simply enter a coma?

She didn't know.

That's why it's scary to create a bond too deep with anyone in this world. It will hurt so much when she is forced to go back. She has no control over anything that might happen. She doesn't even know how and why she was transmigrated to this world in the first place.

Being alone in this world is scary, so she is happy to let people into her life. But she isn't ready to go further than that.

Aurora sighed.

How is she going to act when she sees Ruby again?

The door to that room opened, and a familiar maid entered the room. This time she looked pretty much alive, thankfully.

"Miss! You're finally awake!" Lyra said with a huge smile on her face.

Aurora nodded and forced a smile. "Yeah, how are things going?"

"Everything is alright now," Lyra said. "Sorry I didn't stay by your side."

"It's fine," Aurora replied.

Lyra looked around. "I thought Miss Ruby was with you?" she said.

"Ah, about Ruby," Aurora said. "She just left."

"Really? Right after you woke up?" Lyra blinked, obviously confused.

"That's what I said," Aurora replied.

"Why?" Lyra said, still confused.

"I... Don't know," Aurora said. "She just did."

"But she was so adamant about not leaving your side this whole time," Lyra said. "So why did she suddenly change her mind when you're awake?"

"Probably that's why," Aurora said. "She knows I'm okay now, so she can do something else. Can we stop talking about this? You should ask her yourself if you still want to make sure."

Lyra didn't seem too convinced, but she let it go. "Right, sorry miss," she said. "I'm just a little bit curious. Oh, right, your father was here. At the moment, he was talking with the teachers and some of the adventurers he hired. He will come here soon."

"That's great," Aurora said with a weak smile.

"You still look tired, Miss," Lyra noticed. "You should rest more. Anyway, do you need something? Anything?"