Trap.

Reiren was getting more and more frustrated. Her fellow assassins had been restlessly killing each other, with some even trying to hunting them down. They were just trying to satisfy their anger, and no one was trying to figure out who exactly the traitor was anymore.

Meanwhile, the actual culprit was happily continuing with her extravagant life. Princess Catherina Vil Valoria was always protected by a bunch of knights wherever she went. Even with her and Eliphia's ability to pass by them and assassinate the princess, it was still a tall order.

"So it's impossible?" Eliphia asked as they walked in town. "Then what about just leaving to another kingdom?"

"Stop trying to make me give up," Reiren said. "Didn't you say you would support me?"

"Yes, but you didn't exactly have a plan, right?" Eliphia said. "We were just keep running away from our fellow assassins, and we never had a chance to get close to the princess either. So what was I supposed to support you with?"

Reiren sighed. "Yeah, I didn't know either..."

"Then let's go to another kingdom?" Eliphia asked with a smile.

"Stop that," Reiren said. "I can't..."

"Fine," Eliphia said. "I just need to make sure." 

"Sorry, but I won't change my mind," Reiren said. "Anyway, did you check inside the tavern yet?" She asked as they got closer to the tavern.

"I'm doing it right now," Eliphia said, using her ability. "The tavern was almost full. I heard... a group of girls waiting for someone. And then they were talking about the dwarf kingdom. The others were the usual tavern customers that lived around here."

"No assassins or knights then?" Reiren asked.

"I don't think so," Eliphia said.

"Alright, let's get in then--" Reiren's words were cut off by Eliphia suddenly grabbing her hand.

"One of the girls noticed us," she said, even before we got inside.

"Targeting us?" Reiren asked.

"I'm... not sure," Eliphia said.

"Well, someone skilled was bound to exist around," Reiren said. "Let's just ignore it. We will be more suspicious if we suddenly go back. Unless...are you sure they were enemies?"

"I don't know," Eliphia said.

"Then let's go inside," Reiren said. "There's no need to be overly cautious."

Eliphia nodded, although her expression was still uneasy.