Retreat.

Several days had passed since Serena and her group engaged in battle against the army of the kingdom of Samalanra. Despite being outnumbered, Serena's group possessed superior strength and weaponry, allowing them to successfully repel their adversaries. 

However, the substantial size of the opposing army made it challenging to achieve a decisive victory. As a result, both sides found themselves in a state of stalemate.

But for how long? Her group started to get tired. Some of her comrades--her fellow elves and prince Casper knights, had suffered severe injuries, and a few had tragically lost their lives. And their supplies were getting drained, especially the materials for her [weapon crafting]. She couldn't help but long for her bag, which contained precious materials she desperate need. Yet, dwelling on such thoughts now was meaningless.

Serena sat behind trees, she took a moment to catch her breath. A sigh escaped her lips, carrying with it a mix of weariness and determination. She could feel it. If things kept continuing like this, they would eventually lose.

"Are you okay, princess?" Altea asked, looking worried.

Serena tried to smile. "I'm okay," she said. "Has anything happened yet?"

Altea shook her head.

They had been waiting for Viola. In a direct confrontation, their numbers posed a problem, so they opted for different tactics. They formed several smaller groups. Her group consisting of Serena, altea and the twins. The masked girl Viola was tasked with luring the enemies towards them, allowing them to unleash devastating attacks from a safe distance. They would then relocate to another area, enticing another group of enemies and eliminating them, and so forth.

However, Viola had been absent for some time now.

"There's no way she has been captured, right?" Altea said, echoing the very thought that plagued Serena's mind.

Serena shook her head, trying to dispel the rising anxiety. "Let's not jump to conclusions," she said softly. She turned her attention to the twins perched atop the tree. "What about you guys?" she asked. "Have you seen anything yet?"

Talia, gazing in the direction Viola had gone, shook her head. "No, nothing," she replied, her voice tinged with worry. Salia nodded in agreement. "We haven't seen or heard anything," she added. "And I highly doubt she would go down without a fight. Viola is strong, so I believe she's alright."

Serena nodded, acknowledging the twins' perspective. She had witnessed the masked girl's formidable skills firsthand. As Talia had rightly pointed out, Viola was a force to be reckoned with. It seemed unlikely that she would be defeated without causing some commotion.

"Should I go there myself to check?" Talia offered.

"No," Serena replied, gulped. "No, let's just wait. Viola is resourceful, and if she needs our help, she'll find a way to reach out to us."