Two Fathers.

Ruby was all smiles while the carriage she rode was going back to her home. On the other hand, her knight, Rita, who sat in front of her, looked troubled.

"Let me make things clear, Miss," Rita said. "Are you and Miss Aurora planning to go on a trip to another kingdom?"

"Yes," Ruby said.

"But this was so sudden!" Rita exclaimed. "And I'm included in it somehow?"

"Well, duh," Ruby said, as if that was the most natural thing. "I personally wanted to go with just the two of us. But who else was going to protect us if things got dangerous?"

Rita sighed. "I get it, miss," she said. "But such a decision, I think you should discuss this with your father first."

"That's why I'm going home," Ruby said.

"No, you already made that decision," Rita said. "Even if he said no, you would do it anyway."

Ruby smiled. "As expected of my dependable knight, you know me so well."

"I'm not happy," Rita said, though she was obviously happy, "but I will do what I can for you, Miss."

"Yes," Ruby said. "That's what I expected from you."

Soon, they arrived at Stoneheart Mansion. The building was beautiful, with walls made of sturdy stone decorated with elaborate carvings, and the windows adorned with colorful stained glass that glowed in the sunlight. The mansion's vast grounds were well-manicured, with beautiful gardens, fountains, and statues that added to its luxurious atmosphere.

But Ruby ignored them all and immediately entered the mansion, followed by Rita.

"Welcome back, my cute daughter!" Marquess Stoneheart said as he saw his daughter enter his room.

"Hey, Dad!" Ruby said. They hugged each other. "Anyway, I planning to go on a trip to another kingdom with a friend, so give me money," Ruby said.

"Oh, that sounds like fun--wait, what?" Her father was confused.

"Oh, right, I had some questions," Ruby said, ignoring her father's confusion. "Do you know about ancient magic?"

"Yes, I know about it," Marquess Stoneheart said, "but let's slow down a little. What is it about going to another kingdom?"

"Nothing much," Ruby said. "Magic academy's classes were on pause right now, so it's a good time to do it, right?"

"I see, that might be true but--"

"Anyway, Dad, ancient magic," Ruby said. "Tell me about ancient magic."

"Alright, but why do you suddenly want to know about it?" Marquess Stoneheart asked.