Best Friend.

Aurora, Ruby, and Rita walked out of the room after the meeting with the elves.

"So, what's a gun?" Ruby asked as they continued walking.

"I actually want to know too," Rita said. "If you don't mind."

Of course, they were curious, Aurora thought.

"It's a new type of weapon," she said. "Think of it like a bow, but better."

"Oh! Now that I think about it," Rita said. "I did hear about the rumor of an unknown weapon being used by elves when our knights were chasing the second prince. So, that was a gun?"

Aurora nodded.

"I see," Ruby said. "But is it worth the effort if it's just a slightly better bow?"

"No, the improvement will be massive," Aurora said. "Like it'll be stronger, have longer range, and much more."

"Oh, okay," Ruby said. "But if they're as powerful as you mentioned, are you sure they will willingly give us these weapons?"

"Don't you wonder why they're looking for help when they have such a great weapon?" Aurora asked.

"They refuse to use it?" Rita guessed.

"Huh? Why?" Ruby asked. "Are they idiots?"

Aurora smiled. "Pretty much. Some people, or in this case, elves, put much more importance on their traditions and pride. They're not willing to change no matter what."

"Even if that kills them?" Ruby said. "How dumb."

Not far from them, Prince Casper was waiting. They approached him.

"How was it?" Casper asked.

"I believe we're doing well," Aurora said. "And can I ask you one more thing?"

"What is it?" Prince Casper asked.

"Don't let Serena, the Elf Princess, leave this place no matter what," Aurora said. "Even if that means using force."

"Why?" Casper asked.

"She will be the key to strengthening our military force without adding more soldiers and knights," Aurora said. "Isn't that what Nova wants too?"

"Really?" Casper said, a little doubtful.

"Everything I told you so far was true, right? Just trust me," Aurora said.

"Okay," Casper said. "I promised that I will support you with anything. So I won't go back on my words."