The Truth.

Aurora felt grateful for the first time that she had transmigrated as Aurora, who owned light magic, instead of other characters. This was because light magic was the only element stronger than darkness magic, at least in terms of basic elemental interactions.

If she had transmigrated into someone other than Aurora, she would have been forever stuck in this never-ending nightmare, unless Nova decided to release her herself. Just the thought made Aurora feel terrible. However, with light magic, she should be able to destroy the darkness magic that was affecting her right now, in theory.

Of course, if she hadn't become Aurora, she might not have had this problem in the first place. But that was just a possibility. As an unknown object in this world, she would attract attention either way, and attention meant trouble.

And of course, Aurora didn't really need to think about all of this. The "what-if" scenario was pointless anyway. She would be better off just thinking about her actual situation. But she needed to think of something else; she needed to distract herself from the creepy imagery in front of her right now.

She now knew that whatever was happening around her right now was nothing more than just a dream. But still, she couldn't pretend that she didn't care when she looked at all the dead bodies around her. They had died in a pretty grotesque manner. This obviously bothered Aurora, especially because some of them were familiar faces.

Aurora sighed.

Ignore it, Aurora told herself. Even the foul smell bothering her nose, ignore it. Even if her feet felt cold and disgusting because she stepped on flesh and blood, ignore it.

She closed her eyes, trying to summon her light magic. This was easy to do before she was stuck inside this endless dream, but for some reason, she had been failing at it for some time now.

Every time her light magic started to resurface, she felt a pain in her chest, right in her heart. Her focus was broken, and her magic disappeared. The same thing was happening right now.

Aurora sighed in pain. Was this because of Nova's last attack? Had she really stabbed her in the heart?

Aurora was obviously angry with Nova, yet she wondered why she had trapped her inside this endless nightmare. Why hadn't she just killed her once and for all? Did she just want to make her suffer?

Maybe.

Once again, Aurora was thinking about pointless things. She should ask Nova herself to find out the answer. Thinking about it alone wouldn't take her anywhere.

"Forget it, I should try again instead," Aurora reminded herself.

And once again, she tried to summon her light magic.

***

Ruby refused to leave Aurora's side even for a second. She sat beside Aurora's bed, staring at the blue girl, hoping for her to wake up.