Switch.

Ruby stepped out of her carriage, accompanied by a tall girl with short hair. Aurora noticed that this was not Ruby's usual maid, as the girl was wearing a uniform and had a sword on her hip. 

"Aurora!" Ruby exclaimed, running over to her friend and giving her a warm hug. "I've missed you!"

Aurora laughed. "Are we going to keep doing this every time we don't meet for a day?"

"Why not?" Ruby snuggled into Aurora's warmth.

"Anyways," Aurora said, turning to the young woman who had approached them calmly. "Is she the reason you're going home?"

"Yeah," Ruby said, releasing her embrace. "I switched my maid with her. She's one of the strongest knights in the kingdom. Her name is Rita."

"Nice to meet you, Miss Starlight," Rita said, turning to the blue girl. "I've heard a lot about you from my master."

"Is that so?" Aurora said with a smile. "I hope she didn't tell you something embarrassing about me."

"Well--"

"That's enough," Ruby cut her off, blushing a bit.

"So," Aurora said, turning back to Ruby. "Why do you suddenly need a knight?"

"About that," Ruby said quickly. "I've been interested in coming to town. So, a knight is needed, right?"

"I see," Aurora nodded. 

Last time Aurora came to town, she only had her maid, but that's probably not normal. It makes sense for an important daughter of a noble family to have a knight or two to accompany them in town. After all, you never know what might happen.

"So," Ruby suddenly looked nervous. "Do you want to come with me?"

"Sure," Aurora said. Last time she didn't get to go sightseeing, so it could be fun.

"Great!" Ruby can't help but smile widely. "I can't wait!" 

Seeing ruby that excited make Aurora smiled too. "You really want to go to town, huh? Have something specific you want to go to?" 

"I had a plan," Ruby said. "You better cooperate." 

"Huh?" 

***

That evening, Aurora was feeling bored once again. She had already done most of the things she had planned for the day, and now she had some free time on her hands. She wanted to take a break, but wasn't sure what to do with her time.

At times like these, Aurora missed the modern world. There were so many things she wished she could do, but there were no ways to do them in her current world. She longed for things like surfing the internet, listening to music, watching movies, and most importantly, playing games.