Ancient Magic.

Aurora thought that Nova was actually a softie. 

Nova said that Casper couldn't handle it, but was that really true? As far as Aurora could see, Casper was not a super righteous guy. He wasn't exactly kind or forgiving either. After all, he ended up killing Nova in the previous timeline, right?

So asking him to focus on the military and even raising taxes was not impossible for him. Yes, he may have rejected it the first time she asked, but knowing how much Casper liked Nova right now, if she kept pushing him, he would eventually do it.

Yet she didn't do that.

The whole revenge thing was just an act in the end. She never planned to kill him. Maybe she resented him for a bit, but why would she stick with him for several years if she actually hated him?

The answer was obvious. She was still in love with Casper, and she didn't want Casper to shoulder her plan. If her plan was being carried out, people would hate Casper, thinking of him as a terrible king.

On the other hand, she wouldn't care if the same hatred was thrown at the second prince.

Now, Aurora wasn't really trying to criticize her or anything. People do stupid stuff for love all the time. What Aurora cared about was that this could be used as a weapon. And she would.

Nova thought she could just pretend to sleep until everything was done? No way would Aurora let her do that. Nova dragged her into this mess, so Aurora would drag her back.

That's why she was sitting near the pond, the same place where she was fighting with Nova, waiting for Prince Casper.

She drank some tea while waiting. From afar, she could see a prince walking toward her.

"Hey," Casper said as he reached her. "Your maid said you're looking for me?"

"Yes, sorry to make you come here," Aurora said. "But I don't want Nova to hear what we will be talking about."

"What do you mean?" Casper looked confused. "Nova is still unconscious. How can she hear us?"

"Yes, I will explain that too," Aurora said. "But first, why didn't you sit down? Want some tea?"

Casper took a seat. "No need, but what is all this about?"

"Okay, let's make one thing clear first," Aurora said. "Nova wasn't really unconscious."

"But..." Prince Casper was going to interrupt, but Aurora continued.

"I mean she IS unconscious," Aurora said. "But she's doing it to herself. She's doing it on purpose."

"What...?" The prince was obviously confused.

"Until now, you must still be confused with her actions, right?" Aurora said as she stirred her tea with a small spoon. "What's her connection between her and the second prince? I know everything now. And I can tell you."