Danger.

"Princess, we will soon arrive at the town!" Talia said from the front of the carriage.

Serena noticed that Talia's mood was better when she became the replacement coachman. Probably because she had something to do? Or maybe because she didn't get stuck inside the carriage? Either way, that was a good thing.

"Alright," Serena replied, "can you slow down? Let's be more careful now. It won't be funny if we end up crashing or something."

"Got it!" Talia replied.

As Serena requested, the carriage moved slower. She looked outside. The town was getting closer, but she noticed that a huge part of the town was destroyed.

"What happened to them...?" Serena murmured. "Was it a natural disaster?"

Altea glanced at where the princess was looking. "Um... didn't you know about the second prince being the leader of rebels?" she said. "This is his doing. I heard he's using monsters to wreak havoc while he tries to kill his own father. It failed, of course."

Serena gulped. "He was that evil? I didn't know... I thought it was just a conflict between successors, between princes. I didn't think he would involve civilians like this."

"This was actually considered a great result," Altea said. "I heard some nobles successfully prepared for this, so the destruction and the victims were minimal. If not, the whole town would have been completely destroyed, and who knows how many people would have died in the process."

"You make me feel even worse for ever thinking of being an ally with him!" Serena said.

"Well, I always thought it was a bad idea," Altea said.

"You should have told me sooner!" Serena said.

"Why are you blaming me, Princess?" Altea said. "Aren't you the one that forced me to send messages to him despite my disagreement?"

Saria, who sat in front of them, looked worried, seeing them fighting like this. But she didn't know what to say.

"But... you didn't explain why!" Serena said.

"I thought you knew," Altea said.

Serena sighed. "Fair enought, it was my fault. But next time, you better explain stuff to me. I'm kind of stupid."

Altea smiled. "Sure, Princess."

They arrived at the Magic Academy. This place, too, was in bad condition. Probably about half the buildings around were destroyed in all kinds of conditions, but the rebuilding process seemed to have already happened everywhere.

They got out of the carriage, and then Serena saw someone who looked like Prince Damian, but older, with several knights behind him.