Connected.

Oliver never imagined that his inability to communicating with girls would hold him back like this. 

Yesterday, the Director of the Magic Association summoned Oliver and Marina to his office. It was regarding the Kroma herb. Oliver knew exactly what this was about, the sudden shortage of stock and the spike in prices.

"I've already spoken with Viscount Starlight," the Director said. "But unfortunately, he's not willing to make a deal with us."

Oliver swallowed hard. He had a pretty good idea where this conversation was headed.

He had not yet interacted with her--probably never would, but he was in the same class as the Viscount's daughter, Aurora.

"Why don't you try talking to her?" the Director suggested. "Maybe she can convince her father to be more reasonable. I know it might not be what either of you want, but it would really help us out. Our research will ultimately benefit a lot of people."

Oliver groaned in pain. Next to him, a cute girl with white hair named Marina seemed okay with the idea.

"I'm not the best at communicating," Marina admitted. "But I'll give it a try."

And so, the mission given by the director led to the current situation. Oliver found himself secretly watching three girls meeting in the garden.

He saw Marina, his fellow potion-making enthusiast, talking with a blue-haired girl named Aurora and a small girl named Ruby.

He couldn't hear their conversation clearly, but he was certain they were discussing the herb.

This is so unfair, he thought. There's no way he could compete with Marina when it came to talking to girls.

Throughout his life, besides his mother, the only girls he had ever had proper conversations with were Nova and Marina.

He still remembered it clearly. Because his magic element turned out to be darkness, his family had encouraged him to become a magic warrior. After all, darkness magic was known to be the most offensive of the six elements.

But he disliked fighting. What he wanted to do was make potions.

But his parents didn't care about what he wanted, they kept pushing him to train in magic and sword fighting.

At one point, he was forced to join training with the Wilder family. They were well-known for their expertise in darkness magic, so his family thought he could learn something from them.

At first, he didn't really interact with Nova Wilder, the daughter of the family. To be honest, she scared him. All he wanted was for the training to end quickly.

But after long hours of training, when he was resting alone, Nova approached him.