Viola Drewn.

Serena just received a letter from her kingdom. It was about the news that the Samalanra kingdom had just announced that they would launch an all-out attack on the Elf Kingdom Evermist. They had finally decided to end it all in this final attack. 

But of course, no matter how outnumbered and outperformed, the elves wouldn't just give up like that. They would fight until their last breath. 

In other words, they all would die. 

Serena sat inside her room, holding the letter with trembling hands. She knew that her peaceful days wouldn't last forever, but she still wasn't ready for this to happen now. 

"Are you okay, Princess?" Altea asked. The silver-haired elf looked at her, worried. 

"Yes--no, I'm not," Serena said. At first, she wanted to act tough, but in the end, she just didn't feel like doing that. She wasn't okay, this whole situation wasn't okay, and she was scared. 

Altea came closer to her and suddenly hugged her. 

"I'm sorry, that was a stupid question," Altea said. 

Serena let out a small laugh. "Sorry, I can't act more like a princess," she said, still in her maid's embrace, feeling terrible. 

"Not at all," Altea said. "You do what you can. I'm pretty proud of you." 

"Really?" Serena said. 

"Really," Altea replied. 

"Even if I decide I won't join the fight?" Serena asked. 

"I will support you whatever you decide," Altea said, releasing her hug. "But I know you won't just run away." 

"But what if I actually do, though?" Serena thought to herself. After all, she wasn't the real Princess Serena. She didn't need to die with her kingdom.

But even so, she couldn't really say that. 

Serena sighed. "It was just around two weeks since we taught Prince Casper's knights how to use guns. I didn't think they were ready to use them in a real fight yet, but..."

Altea nodded. "There was no other choice," she said. "At first, I wasn't sure how things would go with this alliance, but now I know that their help was the only way we could win this fight."

"So, my decision to work with Aurora was a good one, right?" Serena said, a little excited that she had done something right for once.

"Yes," Altea said. "Unfortunately."

"What do you mean, unfortunately?" Serena pouted her cheeks.