25

When it came time for the guys of A7X to leave for the few weeks of touring overseas, Nikita thought it would be the perfect opportunity for Brian and her to spend extended time away from each other. So she made a decision not to go and when she told Brian that she wasn't, he was a little upset that she wasn't but told her that he was fine with that and understood that she didn't want to.

After the guys left, Meghan and Nikita came back to hers and Zack's house to hang out together.

It actually surprised Nikita that she didn't want to go, but she had said it was cause she wasn't feeling the greatest and didn't want to chance it by doing all that traveling, especially overseas.

"So, what's up with you and Brian?" Meghan asked as they sat down in the living room. 

"What do you mean?" She questioned as she brought her knees to her chest.

"You guys finally together as a couple?" She beamed. 

She knew she should probably keep what they had planned to herself but she couldn't bring herself to lie to Meghan.

"Not really." She barely shook her head, "It's basically just acting, sorta I guess. I mean he wants Michelle back so he's been showing off that he's losing interest in her and more into me. To help him out try to possibly win her back since that seems to work, is using the whole jealousy thing." She shrugged her shoulders as she forced a smile out. 

"Wow." She nodded her head as she pushed her lips together slightly, "Well...you don't want that do you? Like I mean, you're not really okay with that?" Meghan could tell she was forcing a smile out because it didn't even reach her eyes when she did it.

"With what? The whole pretending thing or him wanting Michelle back? Because I'm fine with it honestly. I mean hell it was my idea to do this to begin with."

"Doesn't mean you have to be fine with it. I mean I've seen the way you look at him." She said like it was nothing as she shrugged her shoulders.

"It's called acting Meg, trust me, I'm fine with it. I even made him agree that if this works out for them, he'd let me know as soon as possible. And there would be no hard feelings because we were just pretending. At first we were going to full on act like we were dating but decided to just kinda how we are now, but be more open about it."

"Mmkay, if you say so." Meghan really didn't think any of that would work, that someone was bound to be hurt or at least disappointed.

"I do say so." She forced out a giggle as she nudged her shoulder against Meghan's.

Even though she was right, Nikita kept that part to herself, despite Meghan becoming one of her best friends. Plus she wasn't sure how open and honest she and Zack were so she didn't know if it'd get back to him or even to Brian by accident so she didn't say anything about her true feelings. 

~~~~

The next morning, Nikita had a meeting to try to get back into college so she had gotten up fairly early and taken a shower.

But right after she got out, her phone started ringing which confused her on who was calling this early. She was hoping it wasn't from the dean's office to reschedule the meeting.

That's when she noticed it was Brian wanting to do a video chat and she couldn't help but smile that he was calling her. And with her being in California and him being across the globe, she knew it wasn't that early where he was because of the time zone differences.

So, she threw threw on my robe quickly and answered it before he hung up.

"Hey, I didn't interrupt anything did I?" He was hoping he hadn't since she took so long to answer and plus he noticed right off the bat the robe she was wearing.