38

Even as Brian continued to beg Nikita to let him take her to the police station, she still continued to tell him no. Because she knew she'd have to say who did it to her and she was scared to tell the police who it was that raped her.

She even begged Brian to keep it between them. And even though he hated doing that, he still promised he would because of his love for her.

She did something she should have done herself before agreeing to meet with Brad, she did some digging around about him. What made her even more scared to go to the police is the fact that she found out he has done the same thing to other girls and when they've made reports against him, no charges were brought on him because he apparently has connections with the police department. And then those same girls that made the reports ended up in bad accidents so she didn't want that happening to her.

"He'll get what he's got coming to him, I promise you." Brian groaned as he made the mistake of cracking his knuckles, which sent a jolt of pain through his hand but he did his best to hide that it hurt.

He was just thankful that his hand was only bruised and not broken though.

"Brian, you're not going to do shit. Please, I beg of you not to do anything because I don't want you more hurt other than your hand or worse." She begged to him.

Plus if something were to happen to him because of her, she knew millions of people would blame her. And in all honesty, she wouldn't blame them, she knew it would be her fault because he wouldn't have gotten himself into that predicament if it weren't for her.

"Oh I didn't say it'd be from me." He shook his head,  as much as he wanted he knew he couldn't get further involved than what he already was but he also knew Karma will finally catch up to the asshole.

"My cousins better not do anything neither." She groaned as she threw her head back slightly, "I know they have ways of finding out about what happened because they have connections too." 

He shrugged with a smirk, remembering what he was told when they first met, "I mean they got rid of one problem of yours, what's going to stop them from doing it again." 

"Ugh, fuck you're right." She sighed knowing what he was talking about as she went back to looking at her laptop screen. 

"What you reading anyways?" He tried to look at the screen but she quickly shoved him away before he could.

She had stopped looking up crap about Brad and started doing other stuff to try to distract her mind.

"No don't." She giggled, "It's a story."

It instantly made him smile hearing her giggle, he was happy that she as able to after what she went through.

"Oh? What about?" 

"Oh uhm." She didn't want to tell him it was a fanfic that she was reading so she made it sound like it was just a regular story, "Well uh this one that I'm on now, it's about this guy and girl, who are neighbors, and they pretty much hate each other. They're always throwing shade at each other. That is until an unfortunate event brings them together, and despite them not liking each other at first, they eventually fall in love." 

"Since you already know they fall in love, I take it, that it's not your first time reading it?" He chuckled. "What's it called?"

"No, it's my first time reading it. It's just that, it's a somewhat long story and I've gotten past that part." She then bit her bottom lip because it's the same name as one of his band songs, "Acid Rain." 

"Acid Rain? Really?" He smirked and she nodded so he continued, "Hm why does that title sound so familiar?" He questioned with an eyebrow raised.

"Maybe because the writer is a huge fan of Avenged Sevenfold." She shrugged, "Or maybe they aren't and it's just a coincidence."