50

"Baby! Are you done yet? We need to go before they stop serving dinner." Brian called through the door of the bathroom, he never understood how girls could take so long getting ready.

"I'm coming, I'm coming, hold your ass."

"Oh I'm sure later you will be." He smirked, "And I'd rather hold your ass instead."

"Oh my Lord! Brian!" Nikita laughed and opened the door, "There I'm all ready."

 He grinned at seeing what she was wearing, which was a Synner shirt that she had tied at her waist and showed off just a little bit of her stomach, but had put on a pair cropped Jean jackets.

"Hot damn." He grinned, "Gorgeous as always." He then pecked her lips.

"Thank you."

He then noticed something different about her, he realized instead of a skirt like she normally wore, she was wearing a pair of hip hugger jeans.

"No skirt tonight huh?" He smirked with a wink, which kinda surprised him.

"Nah, I checked the weather and it's going to be a little on the chilly side tonight. Hell it was earlier too."

"Yeah unfortunately." He grabbed her hand and led her out to the car.

Once they got to where he was taking her, he knew she'd be confused as he pulled into the parking lot, and he was right because she gave him a confused look. 

"Wait, this don't look like the diner. What is this place?" She looked through the windshield at the building.

"Oh uh, well I found out they're doing this benefit dinner for someone local who was in a skiing accident and so I figured it'd be nice to contribute to it." He let out a lie because there was actually another reason he brought her here but he didn't want her to know the true reason until after they walked inside.

"Awe that's so thoughtful of you Bri. I think that's a wonderful idea for us to do." She beamed as they got out of the car. 

"That's what I figured." He stated as he quickly came around the car, grabbed her hand and then kissed the back of it.

As soon as they walked in, she jumped because a bunch of their friends and family yelled 'Surprise!'

"What the hell? What is this for?" She asked in a surprised tone as her eyes got really wide.

"For your birthday baby." Brian grinned and kissed her cheek.

"But my birthday isn't until Monday."

"Well no but doesn't mean we can't have a bash before then does it?" He chuckled.

"No, I guess there's nothing wrong with that." She giggled as James walked up to them. 

"Hey babygirl." James smiled and hugged her.

"Hi dad." She smiled as she hugged him back then pulled out of it, "Wait, I thought you and the guys had to go out of town for a few shows?"

"Nope, that was just a ploy. Tell you that we'll be out of town to come here and put this together. Then I talked Brian here into talking you into coming up here for the weekend." He smiled big.

"Wow, and what if I said no." She raised her eyebrows with a smirk as she crossed her arms even though when Brian first asked her, she had thought it was fun idea, and had no plans to say no. 

"We would have crossed that bridge when it came to it I guess." He chuckled as he shrugged his shoulders.

Although if she did say no, Brian had an idea of just secretly packing some clothes for her and putting them in his car then talked her into going out to lunch or even breakfast and just start driving up here.