44

The next day, Nikita and Brian made plans to go out for a late lunch, so as she was finishing getting ready, Brian decided to o flip through channels to kill some time when he landed on a local news station that was showing a business on fire. And he doesn't think anything is it at first, that is until he saw the name of it.

"Holy Shit." He said slowly after realizing what place was on fire, "Nikita! Come here quick!" He called out as he stood up quickly.

"What? What is it?" She asked as she rushed into the living room while still trying to put in her earrings.

"Look." He pointed to the screen with the remote then turned up the volume some.

He was thankful he had one of those televisions where you could pause and rewind live t.v. because it came in handy especially this time.

"Yeah, it's a building on fire. Is that really what this is about? Fuck Brian you have me a damn scare." She groaned with a sigh and a headshake.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you, it's just, look what place it is. That's the bar that asshole owns. It went up in flames."

"Are you serious?" When she heard him say that, her eyes went as big as saucers, surely it's got to be a coincidence.

"I'm very serious, I mean hell it says right underneath, The bar, Western lights, caught fire."

"Has it said how it caught fire?" She asked in a skeptical tone, as she wondered if it was an accident or truly set on purpose.

"I don't know, I don't think it has said. Usually something like that they have to do some investigation before they know the exact cause." He shrugged his shoulders, but he honestly didn't care how it was set.

"Let's hope the innocent people are okay anyways. Or that there wasn't any in there at all." She sighed.

"Yeah, let's hope so. I mean I'm surprised he got any business at all." 

With the shady shit that Brad does, he's surprised anyone would want to work for him or even step foot in his businesse, but he figured people that do either are just as bad as he is or didn't know what he's capable of doing or even has done.

"Wait, was it even open? By what I gathered, the boys did quite a number on the place, meaning you'd think they'd be closed for repairs."

"Who knows." He shrugged again. "And honestly don't care." He smirked out. "Either way, told you karma would get his ass one way or another."

~~~~

"Let's get away for the weekend. Just the two of us." Brian suggested while they were out having lunch, but it was something he said just out of the blue.

"Get away? Get away where? And why?" She asked with an eyebrow raised, although at that moment it did sound like a good idea and maybe it would do her some good, mentally and physically.

"I have a couple places in mind." He shrugged one shoulder, "I think it could be fun." He then sighed and decided to let on his true reason for wanting to get away, "Plus it would be a good idea just in case. I mean think about it Niki, that asshole attacked you then his bar gets attacked, then the guest house does and." He shook his head not wanting to mention Paco's name, "Well you know what happened. Then now his bar went up in flames after you said something to your cousin. You don't think that's not a coincidence?"

"I mean it might be Bri cause places catch fire for any number of reasons so that might not even be their fault."

She wasn't even sure what he was getting at by bringing these things up.