52

It has been a year since Brian and Nikita have gotten together. And not long ago she even moved out of her father's house and in with Brian. 

But unfortunately, these last few months, they haven't seen each other and the only reason why is because Avenged has been out on tour. She wasn't able to go because she stayed back to finish her schooling. And here recently she has been working at bar thanks to Michelle's Boyfriend, whose also the security guard there. When she mentioned how she wanted to make her own money, he said there was an opening so she jumped right on it which he actually helped her get hired.

Tonight after her shift, she walked out, got into her car and went to start it but got nothing. She tried it again and still had no luck.

"Son of a bitch!" She groaned as she slammed her palms down on the steering wheel.

She had been having problems with it starting the last couple of weeks but usually after a couple of tries, it would start up but that time it didn't unfortunately. And she had been meaning to take it to a mechanic shop before it fully went down but between schooling and working, she hadn't had a chance to do so. 

She looked up and saw Anthony pulling up next to her car, which she already knew he'd still be there since whoever is working the guard shift can't leave until the other workers are leaving too. 

"What's wrong?" He asked after they rolled their windows down.

"My fucking car won't start. Is it possible to give it a jump?" 

"Of course." He nodded.

As he was moving his car to face hers, she popped the hood then grabbed her jumper cables from the trunk and walked around to the front. After lifting the hood to her car, she then hooked the cables to her battery as he did the same to his.

"Wait a few minutes before you try, if the battery is dead then it's best to let it get some juice in it." He suggested. 

But after a few minutes, she tried again and still got nothing.

"Oh that's just fucking great." She groaned as she threw her head back and got out of the car.

She couldn't believe her car finally decided to quit working, especially this late at night.

"Look, there's no where open tonight so how about I give you a ride home tonight then tomorrow I'm off work so I can check it out and possibly fix it for you. Would be a lot cheaper than taking it to a shop where they'd probably charge you an arm and leg for something that's possibly minor."

"Sure on the ride but on the fixing my car, you don't have to do that, especially on your day off."

On his day off he should be working not fixing her car, but he was right, a mechanic would charge her an outrageous price and she was sure it'd partly be cause she's a girl.

"It wouldn't be a problem, I promise. Plus, it's just me right now anyways, Michelle went out of town with her nephews and Val." 

"Awe well that sucks." She said as she grabbed her stuff and locked up her car.

She just hoped that no one messes with it even though there's nothing important in there to steal.

"So how are you liking the job so far? I mean I know you've been working a few weeks though." He asked as he started heading towards her and Brian's place.

"Oh I love it, it's been amazing." 

"Brian okay with you working at a place like this?" 

"Why wouldn't he? I mean really he has no say so in what I do. Just cause we're dating doesn't mean he owns me and can control what I do and don't do." She shrugged her shoulders.