35

"Hey babe, do you have any plans this afternoon?" Nikita asked once Brian answered his phone.

"As of right now, no but getting ready to meet the guy's at the studio right now though. Why what's up?"

"There's a barbeque that I'm wanting to go to and I was hoping you'd go with me." She hoped he would be able to go, especially since she has gone with him to some barbeques.

"What time does it start?" Brian asked as he rubbed his fingers on his forehead, he particularly want in the mood to go to a barbeque but would suck it up for her.

"Well there's not really a start time, people just show up when they can. I was just hoping to get there before it gets too late."

"Okay, well I'm not sure how long this meeting will be, I can let you know as soon as we're done. I don't think it'll last all day at least I hope not."

Although there's been multiple times the guys get together just for meetings but then end up just hanging out and losing track of time.

And for the last couple weeks, Brian has been busy with band stuff so him and Nikita haven't gotten to spend much time physically together, the only thing they've been able to do was talk on the phone, mostly through text messages.

~~~~

"Hey! Mamacita, thought you didn't like us anymore." A guy named Ricardo grinned when Nikita showed up to the barbeque at her auntie's house.

She figured he'd be there since he was her cousin, Jesus' best friend since they were in elementary. And he's usually at every get together they have.

"Hey Ricardo." She rolled her eyes at what he called her. "Definitely not the case, I have been busy that's all. Hell for a while I want even town because I joined my father and his band on tour."

"That's what's up. Well when are you ever going to give me the time of day? At least I won't hurt you like those assholes have." He grinned.

Ever since they were teenagers, he always flirted and hit on her. But the thing was, he was the type of guy to flirt with every girl he's come across, only when he was single.

When he was with his last girlfriend, he didn't even flirt and the only reason they had broken up was because she had moved out of town for a fantastic job offer. 

"She won't ever give you the time of day homie, she don't like short guys." Jesus chuckled before she could answer.

"Pft, I'm not that short. And I'm taller in other area's." He winked.

"Yeah well you're shorter than me, I've told you the only way I'd ever give you the time of day is if you were the last chico on earth. Plus I've got a boyfriend now." She stated while ignoring his last statement.

She in fact knew how big he was, because when she was around 17 they had gotten a hold of some alcohol at a party and she ended up losing her virginity to him that night.

"Speaking of, where is he? Too scared to face the Familia." Jesus chuckled.

"No, he had business to attend to. I thought he'd be done by now but unfortunately he's not." She shrugged as she looked at the time on her phone to see if she had gotten any messages from him but unfortunately she hadn't.

"I was hoping to meet him." Jesus grinned at her, plus he wanted to approve of the guy, make sure he's got enough for his cousin as he didn't want a repeat of her last do called boyfriend.

"No, you was hoping to grill him." She called him out as she knew him all too well. "But please be nice, he's not like the other guys I've been involved with. He's way better I promise. But he'll be here soon, he's just running a little late."