Chapter 42

Chapter Forty-Two

Everywhere, big or small, there is always some struggle.

The scientific research institute, an academic place, is no exception. Moreover, due to the intervention of the major families, the struggle within the scientific research institute has become more complicated and more intense.

Before the 7.23 explosion accident that year, it happened to be the time when the internal struggle of the scientific research institute was the most intense.

Heng Chengshuang still hasn't forgotten the details of that time, and it still vividly emerges in his mind. On the surface, it was an accident caused by improper handling of dangerous chemicals in the laboratory.

But in fact...

At that time, before July 23, someone from the peaceful faction in the scientific research institute accidentally discovered members of the radical faction and conducted human experiments in private.

Before the end of the world, it was in a time of peace, and laws and regulations, social order, etc. had not yet collapsed. In such an environment, there have been researchers in the scientific research institute conducting illegal human experiments in private.

The contradiction between the radicals and the peace factions is no longer a one-day or two-day affair.

Because of this matter, the senior management of the scientific research institute had a heated debate. In the end, neither side can do anything to the other.

For a while, the Academy of Sciences almost split because of this matter.

During that time, members of the two factions met in the laboratory, and most of them looked at each other coldly, looking down on each other's current experiments. One party dislikes the other party for being eager for success and doing harmful things, while the other party dislikes the other party for slow and ineffective experiments.

Until a scientific research team discovered a strange phenomenon in the northwest.

"The scientific research team went to the northwest desert to investigate, and accidentally found a corpse in a cave. According to the test, the corpse had lost its vitality for many years, but due to inexplicable reasons, the corpse was not corrupted. Later, The scientific research team brought this corpse back..."

The scientific research institute extracted an unknown substance from the corpse and named it "Eternal Life".

The dream of human beings since ancient times is to live forever.

This substance called "immortality", after a series of experiments, the scientific research institute found that "immortality" can enhance cell vitality.

At the beginning, the Academy of Sciences only experimented with this "immortal" substance on mice and other animals. Until later, radical members put the idea of ​​"immortality" on people.

On the eve of the 7.23 explosion, it was the first test of the "immortality" experiment conducted by the radical members.

While they were conducting the experiment, people from the Peace Faction discovered their "immortality" experiment and reported it to the dean of the scientific research institute at that time, who was also Heng Chengshuang's mentor.

Heng Chengshuang broke into the laboratory with his mentor, and it was the last part of the "immortality" experiment.

At this time, a sudden change occurred.

"The experimenter had a mutation. His facial skin began to rot and turn black, his eyes became protruding, sharp teeth grew, and his nails elongated and became sharp. Following this, his strength increased several times, and he broke free. The experimenter was the first to rush to the nearest researcher."