Avengers / New Housemate

"I don't know how she's going to handle this transition." Steve muttered as he sat across from Tony at the kitchen table.

"We just have to be smart about it, we'll talk to Loki and we'll talk to Y/N too. The main thing is that she feels safe." Tony replied making Tony nod.

"Tonyyyy!" He heard you shout as he chuckled and looked up to see you coming down the stairs.

"Hey, sweetheart. What's wrong?" He asked as you ran down and sat beside him.

"A little birdy told me you wanted to make me lunch." You said making him and Steve laugh softly.

"Oh, yeah? And who's this little birdy?" He asked as you pointed to Clint coming down the stairs.

"Makes sense." Steve muttered as you chuckled.

"Yeah, Tony said he would make lunch of us. I'm not lying Tony." Clint said as Tony shook his head and chuckled.

"I'm ordering pizza, I'm too tired to even make a damn sandwich." Tony said as you smiled.

"Told you it would work." You said to Clint, making him chuckle softly.

"Y/N, sweetheart we need to have a chat about something." Steve said as you looked up at him in fear.

"Did I do something wrong?" You muttered as he offerer you a smile.

"No, darling. You've done nothing wrong. We're going to have someone new move into the tower." Steve said as you looked at him in surprise.

"Really? Who is it?" You asked, he dreaded that question.

"Well, it's Loki." He said as your eyes widened.

"The monster that destroyed the city? And hurt you guys?" You asked as Steve sighed.

"Yes, but he won't hurt us, Y/N. Shield believes he can be a good asset to us, so we offered him a hit of freedom away from Asgard and we will train him." Steve said as you looked at him in disbelief.

"But, he's a monster." You grumbled, looking away from him.

"Doll, I know this is difficult to deal with. But, it's just something that's going to happen." Steve said as you pouted a little bit.

"He's going to manipulate all of you." You growled as Steve sighed.

"Darling, I need you to work with us here. We will protect you, okay? He won't hurt you or any of us." Steve said as he stood up and sat beside you.
He took hold of you hand as you looked at him.

"You still come first, okay love?" He said as you nodded a little.

"I don't want him to take you away." You whispered, Steve smiled softly and wrapped his arms around you.

"No one can take me away from you, love."

--

Everyone was in the main living room, waiting for Loki to arrive.
You weren't in the best of spirits today.
Loki eventually arrived and Steve began introducing him to everyone, well, reintroducing.

"Y/N?" Steve said as you stood up and came over to him.

"Hello, I'm Loki. I don't believe we've met." He said holding his hand out as you glared at him.

"No, we haven't met. But, I know everything about you." You muttered as Steve looked at you.

"Y/N, be nice." He warned as you rolled your eyes.

"Fine, it's nice to meet you." You grumbled as he nodded and looked at you in confusion.

"Hey, I need help in the lab, Y/N." Tony said as he swooped in.
Steve thanked him before you left with Tony.

"She seems a bit childish." Loki muttered, watching you leave.

"Well, that's the thing we needed to talk to you about. Y/N is different. She looks about 20 but her mind is younger, a lot happened to her when she was young so her mind never aged. She's related to Tony and once her parents died, Tony was all she had. We just ask that you're patient with her." Steve explained as Loki nodded.

"I understand, I'll keep that in mind, Mr. Rogers."

You were up late at night, you couldn't sleep so you decided to watch TV, eventually Bucky came down like he usually did when he couldn't sleep.
You both started playing video games together when Loki came down.

"May I ask what is happening on that screen?" Loki asked as you chuckled.

"It's a video game, Bucky and I are controlling the little people." You explained as Loki nodded.
He eventually sat down next to Bucky.

"Here, give it a go. You'll work it out." Bucky said, handing Loki a controller.

After about an hour Steve came downstairs after hearing shouting.
He saw all three of you around the TV and chuckled softly.

"And what exactly is going on here?" Steve asked as you looked up with a big smile on your face.

"Loki has never played a video game and he keeps beating Bucky and I! We even teamed up against him!" You shouted making everyone laugh.

"What can I say, I must be a natural." Loki said making Steve smile softly.
He had worried about how you would be with Loki for weeks, but seeing you here laughing with him made him feel at ease.