Platonic Steve / Not My Choice

Bucky was eating breakfast when Steve entered the main room of the tower.

"Hey, Buck. We have someone coming here today, Shield is sending her to us to determine if we can help her or she's too far gone and she has to be sent to prison. She was a doctor in Hydra, that's why I wanted to warn you. We don't know much about her or even if you two were ever in the same place. But, I still wanted to warn you." Steve said as Bucky nodded.

"Thanks for telling me, Steve. I don't really remember any doctors so I think it should be fine. Is she evil?" Bucky asked as Steve sighed and sat next to him.

"Well, Shield said she's cooperative. But, that's all we know." Steve replied as Bucky nodded again.

"I guess we'll see how this goes."

--

You were in the elevator with Steve as you kept quiet.
Suddenly you leapt forward and pressed the stop button, causing the elevator to halt.
He looked at you ready to fight before you backed away.

"I don't want to hurt you. I need to tell you something... And I know... I know you'll listen." You muttered as he looked at you in confusion.

"It's okay, you can be honest with me." He said as you felt tears in your eyes and nodded.

"It was me... I was the one who made the winter soldier." You whispered as he looked at you in shock.

"What?" He whispered as you wrapped your arms around yourself.

"I was the one that attached the arm, the one that would torture him with different serums and..." You trail off as you start to cry.

"I never wanted to! I never wanted to... They made me hurt so many people, I was so young when they kidnapped me..." You stuttered out as you cried and sunk to the floor.

"I was eighteen when they took me, they pumped me full of chemicals so I wouldn't age or die and..." You break down and cover your eyes as you sob.

"If I told shield they would've just locked me away! But I knew you would listen, please believe me." You cried out as Steve walked over to you and sat beside you.

"Y/N, it's okay. I beleive you. I know what Hydra is capable of and I can see how much you torture yourself for what you did back then." Steve whispered as you cried softly.

"I never wanted to hurt anyone, I wanted to finish university, become a doctor and maybe settle down with a husband. But, one day I went to my class and I heard screaming and gunshots, so many people and students were dying around me. They let three of us live... They needed young talented minds that they could use. They took me and two other students. I was so scared... And then when Shield took down Hydra I was so afraid they would see me as another criminal and lock me away for eternity." You cried out as Steve looked at you sadly.
Maybe you had lived for 100 years but he could see you were still just a kid, Hydra took you when you were so young that he knew your mind wouldn't have matured as much.

"Well, you're in a good place, sweetheart. We can help you here, you can have a home and anything else you need. I'll make sure I talk to Bucky okay?" He replied as you smiled a little and nodded.

"Thank you so much." You whispered, suddenly there was a loud noise and you saw the elevator doors being ripped open by a familiar metal arm.
Bucky ripped the doors open and looked in.

"You guys okay? Friday said the elevator was stuck." He said as you looked up at him in fear.
His eyes landed on you and you could see the recognition in his eyes.

"No..." He whispered before he backed away.
Steve quickly helped you up and you got out of the elevator together.

"Bucky, it's okay. I know you know who she is, but I can promise she won't hurt you." Steve said as Bucky glared at you.