Bucky / Two Sides Of The Same Coin

I looked into the mirror, staring at my own reflection as I sighed. Everything was going so well, Bucky and I had been so strong lately. Our relationship only strengthening, but I knew things would change soon, they always went wrong.
And it was all because of her...
The demon inside me.
That makes it sound like I was apart of some kind of ancient ritual but in reality it was just mental illness and she formed because of trauma.
She liked to destroy every relationship I ever had, because of her I had no friends or family when the team had found me.
And ever since I had been with the team I had been waiting for her to come out again, but she hadn't.
What was she waiting for?

"Hey, doll. Are you okay?" I heard Bucky say as I looked behind to see him at the doorway of the bathroom.
I sighed and walked towards him before giving him a hug.

"I want to talk to you about something." I muttered as I pulled away and brought him to sit beside me on the end of our bed.

"Is this something that's going to break me?" He asked, as I chuckled softly.

"No, love. It's just something you need to know.” I whispered as I took his hands and sighed.
Suddenly I felt pain in my head as I gripped his hands.

“Oh, god.” I whispered as I gasped, I knew I had lost control.
Right when I was trying to tell Bucky the truth.

“Y/N? What did you want to say?” Bucky asked as she chuckled a little. Maya was in control and she would do everything she could to break Bucky and I up.

“Well, I just wanted to tell a story that’s all.” She whispered, smiling at him.

“It’s about a longing love that starts near a rusted furnace just on daybreak.” She started as I began to panic.
No, no, oh god no.

“Y/N… No, stop. Please.” Bucky begged as Maya continued.
No!
She finished and Bucky groaned in pain before he sat up and replied in Russian.

“There he is, the magnificent soldier.” She whispered as she leant forward and kissed his cheek.

“I have a mission for you.”

When I finally took over again after Maya made me black out, I woke up to see I was in a cell.

“Oh, god. Bucky… Friday! Please, please call someone down here!” I shouted as I stood up, trying my best to cry.
After a few minutes Tony came down.

“Oh my god! Tony, please I’m so sorry! Please you have to listen to me.” I whispered as I began to cry.

“Bucky’s okay, Y/N. And we know it wasn’t you, Maya actually introduced herself before stabbing me.” He muttered as I wiped away my tears.

“Oh god… I should’ve told everyone.” I whispered with regret before Tony opened the cell up.

“Go see him.” He said as I quickly ran out.

“He’s in your room.” Tony said as I ran passed him and quickly thanked him.
I ran up to our room to see Bucky laying down, he sat up when he saw me.

“Bucky… I’m so sorry! I was trying to tell you when she took over!” I shouted as Bucky ran up and hugged me tightly, I hugged him back and cried.

“I’m so sorry.” I whispered, over and over as he hugged me.

“It’s okay, doll. I wish you had told me sooner.” He replied as I pulled away and looked at him.

“I should have, but I was ashamed.” I whispered as Bucky leant down and kissed my forehead.

“You never need to be ashamed… We’ll figure this out and hopefully Tony won’t get stabbed again.” Bucky said making me chuckle softy and shake my head.

“The days not over, Barnes.”